Vacancy Reference Number:
Interim Programmes Manager • Programmes
[HEAD-OFFICE] Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
(Up to) £22,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
12-Months’ Fixed-Term Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period)
Renewable in view of organisational need and post-holder’s performance
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than Thursday, 23rd September 2021
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: W/C 4th October 2021
Start: ASAP thereafter
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold a Zoom Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please familiarise yourself with Zoom Meetings.
Muslim Hands Programmes Department is looking to hire a Projects Assistant. The Department has seen substantial growth in the last few years and now accounts for over £20 million worth of donations annually. The person will work closely with our overseas partners and the rest of the Programmes Department in ensuring that projects are managed well.
- To assist in the day-to-day management of projects
- To liaise with overseas staff to ensure that all documentation for projects is up to date
- To be the first point of contact for overseas partners in dealing with queries and issues
- To assist different thematic leads in managing the project life cycles
- To assist in reviewing proposals and guidance to overseas partners on areas of improvements
- To work with the Fundraising Department in developing interesting concepts and providing regular feedback to them.
- To demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in approximately 5-Live-TV-Appeals during our peak periods.
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practice
NB: This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation.
- A basic understanding of project management and project life cycle
- Be educated to degree level
- Demonstrate working experience in internal communication and reporting.
- Be well versed in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other IT systems and applications.
- Demonstrate working experience of remote-management of staff overseas
- Be willing and able to travel overseas at short notice
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Must be able to either:
- Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands; OR
- Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- Demonstrate relevant NGO/Charity experience
- Demonstrate experience of project management
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of project cycle management and familiarity of related documentation
- Demonstrate knowledge of Programmes, Financial, organisational risk management
- Demonstrate knowledge of Human Resources Administration
This role would suit someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment and who enjoys facing challenges; often working to tight deadlines.
This is a very rewarding position for the right person. If you feel this is you please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suitable quoting the above reference number!!
Deadline for applications is 23rd September 2021 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.