Vacancy Reference Number:
Programmes Operations Officer
Programmes Operations Manager
Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
(Up to) £22,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
Permanent Full Time Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 1st March 2020
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: W/C 9th March 2020 (should the advertisement campaign run its full course)
Start: ASAP thereafter
- Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Skype Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please include your Skype ID in your application.
- Previous applicants need not apply.
Muslim Hands is a UK based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide, with the head office based in Nottingham and the fundraising team based in Whitechapel, London. Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate programmes operations officer to assist in the operations department. This role is based in Nottingham. This is an exciting period of growth and change, with ambitious plans to grow our activities within this area by 2020.
Main purpose of the Role:
Programmes operations officer will work closely with the programmes staff in the UK as well as the field/partner offices overseas, ensuring both have the right tools and the capacity to effectively implement Muslim Hands programmes. Working mainly with field/partner offices in as many as 25 countries, the programmes operations officer will ensure all partners and offices are compliant in MH policies and procedures, especially on governance and risk. Programmes operations officer will also ensure field offices HR issues are addressed as well keeping on top of general office administration. An important part of the role is being able to work remotely through telephone calls, emails and skype with the field and partner offices in various countries, understanding that all partners have varying degree of English proficiency and capacity. There will also be opportunities to travel to these locations, sometimes at short notice.
- Administrative Duties
- Carry out day to day administrative tasks for our field/partner offices
- Coordinate with project coordinators as well as field office and partners to ensure admin related issues are addressed within programmes
- Assist the line manager to ensure correct due diligence processes, policies and procedures are followed by projects staff and field/partner offices
- Communicate with the field offices and partners regarding risks and concerns raised by project coordinators
- Provide support and address field office HR issues
- Operational Duties
- Assist the programmes operations manager in disseminating programme management tools and templates
- Ensure all documents are appropriately communicated and recorded in MH systems
- Assist the project coordinators in effectively communicating with the field offices
- Act as a focal point for information in the absence of relevant project coordinators
- Programme Management System
- To manage users and their access levels within the project management system
- Ensure that the project management systems are used effectively by project coordinators and field offices
- Assist the field/partner offices in issues related to using the project management system
- Ensure that correct operational process and procedures within the programme management systems are adhered to
- To demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in approximately 5-Live-TV-Appeals during our peak periods.
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional PracticesIn addition, the programmes operations officer will be required to undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by the line manager
- All employees are required to undertake all tasks and duties in an effective, efficient, transparent and wholly accountable manner
Essential: The Ideal Candidate will:
- Demonstrate eligibility to work in the UK
- Must be able to either:
a. Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands; OR
b. Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role
- Must be able to commute / willing to relocate to Nottingham
- Must be educated to degree level
- Must possess good organisation and communication skills
- Be well versed in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other IT systems and applications.
- Demonstrate working experience of remote-management of staff overseas
- Be willing and able to travel overseas at short notice
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills
- Demonstrate relevant NGO/Charity experience
- Demonstrate experience of project management / knowledge of PMD Pro
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of project cycle management and familiarity of related documentation
- Demonstrate knowledge of risk management
- Demonstrate knowledge of Human Resources Administration
This is a very rewarding position for the right person. If you feel this is you, please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suitable quoting the above reference number!!
Deadline for applications is 1st March 2020 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.