Director of Community Welfare & Development
Hounslow, TW5 0TE
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
11.00am – 2.30pm (3.5 hours) & 5.00pm – 8.30pm (3.5 hours)
(Up to) £22,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
1-Years’ Fixed-Term Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up to date CV and a supporting Covering Letter addressing the competencies required for the post, by e-mail by no later than 3rd August 2019
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: W/C 19th August 2019
Start: ASAP thereafter
- Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date.
- Previous applicants need not apply
Oversee the day to day management of The Muslim Hands Open Kitchen in Hounslow. Ensuring the effective running of the kitchen and the centre. The role will also ensure that all reporting (financial and non-financial) are adequately recorded and disseminated. The role will also be supported through our volunteer scheme and the role will involve managing and overseeing Muslim Hands Volunteers (MH-V’s).
- Ensure the all management processes are followed, including but not restricted to MH Complaints Procedure, MH IT, MH Safeguarding, MH Project Reporting and MH Attendance and Timekeeping.
- Supervise the seating area and ensure that it is presentable and completely set-up during operating hours.
- Tables, chairs, plates, cutlery and utensils are clean and available.
- Assist limited ability project users are supported to gain access to and from the Open Kitchen.
- Maintain professionalism and ensure a suitable sign-posting service is provided to help and assist project users that are identified as requiring additional needs for support.
- Manage the MH-V’s and ensure that the suitable duties are allocated and carried out in an effective manner.
- Ensure the safety of MH-V’s, Project Users and Catering Staff at all times.
- In coordination with centre staff, ensure suitable quality of food is prepared, provided and maintained for the project users.
- Coordinate delivery and ordering of the food by liaising with the Catering staff.
- In coordination with centre staff and the MH Delivery Partner, ensure all food safety regulations are adhered to
Maintain frequent contact with the Line Manager to ensure:
- Weekly planning for the centre, i.e. Meals/Menu
- Day to day programmatic reporting is maintained
- Expenses / budgets / supporting documentation are suitably shared with relevant departments
- Serious incidences are appropriately communicated and escalated
- Work closely with Fundraising departments to ensure success stories / case studies are collected and disseminated
- Ensure all donations (in-kind and monetary) are received established procedures and processes (donation manual).
- Ensure all donations are prepared to be banked correctly and receipts are obtained and provided to show trail of revenue.
- Be well versed with current Muslim Hands’ activities so that evert interaction with prospective donors is current and informative.
- Forge working relationships with Local Council and other service providers to ensure access to project users, promoting the open kitchen, its services and outreach programmes within the locality of the centre.
Essential: Ideal Candidate will:
- Possess an Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Certificate for a similar role
NB: - Muslim Hands can support with obtaining DBS Checks for the successful candidate, should this be required.
- Possess good writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Possess a high level of motivation and good communication, social, and interpersonal skills
- Be well versed in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of other partners/stakeholders in the area
- Relevant NGO/Charity experience
- Previous work experience within a similar role.
- This role would suit someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment and who enjoys facing challenges; often working to tight deadlines and using their own initiative.
This is a very rewarding position for the right person. If you feel this role is for you, please send your CV with a cover letter explaining how you are suited for this role quoting the above reference number.
Deadline for applications is 3rd August 2019 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
Please only apply to this post if you are eligible to work in the United Kingdom
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.