Vacancy Reference Number:
Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
(Up to) £25,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
12 Months Fixed Term Full Time Contract (subject to successfully completing a 6-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up-to-date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than, Thursday 28th July 2022
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Online Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please familiarise yourself with MS Teams and Zoom Meetings, prior to submitting your application.
Muslim Hands Programmes Department is looking to hire a Projects Assistant. The Programmes Department has seen substantial growth in the last few years and now accounts for over £20 million worth of donations annually. The person will work closely with our overseas partners and the rest of the Programmes Department in ensuring that projects are managed well.
- To assist in the day-to-day management of projects.
- To liaise with overseas staff to ensure that all documentation for projects is up to date.
- To be the first point of contact for overseas partners in dealing with queries and issues.
- To assist different thematic leads in managing the project life cycles.
- To assist in reviewing proposals and guidance to overseas partners on areas of improvements
- To work with the Fundraising Department in developing interesting concepts and providing regular feedback to them.
- To demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in approximately 5-Live-TV-Appeals during our peak periods.
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager.
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practice.
- A basic understanding of project management and project life cycle.
- Be educated to degree level.
- Demonstrate working experience in internal communication and reporting.
- Be well versed in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other IT systems and applications.
- Demonstrate working experience of remote-management of staff overseas.
- Be willing and able to travel overseas at short notice.
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom.
- Must be able to either:
- Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands; OR
- Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- Demonstrate relevant NGO/Charity experience.
- Demonstrate knowledge of development projects and their implementation.
- Demonstrate experience of project management.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of project cycle management and familiarity of related documentation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Programmes, Financial, organisational risk management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Human Resources Administration.
- This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation.
- Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by 1-week after the closure date, unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.