Vacancy Reference Number:
Regional Desk Coordinator
Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
(Remote Working option available, subject to agreement)
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
(Up to) £32,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
Permanent Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up-to-date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than Friday, 17th Jun 2022
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Online Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please familiarise yourself with MS Teams and Zoom Meetings, prior to submitting your application.
About Muslim Hands:
Muslim Hands is an international relief and development NGO established in 1993 to provide relief from poverty and sickness and the provision of education in an ethical, effective, efficient and transparent manner.
Muslim Hands works directly and with partners in over fifty countries, carrying out short and long-term projects in emergency relief, educational and vocational training, orphan sponsorship, medical care and safe water.
Introduction to the Role:
Muslim Hands UK is seeking enthusiastic person who are passionate about working in the humanitarian and development sector. This person would thrive by inspiring staff working in the field and helping to develop their skills. RDC would take the lead in developing the field offices to ensure optimum performance.
Muslim Hands is looking for Regional Desk Coordinators focusing on Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Each of the RDC will focus on partner management, risk management, safeguarding and compliance.
RDC would also oversee the operational aspects of our programmes and partner offices. Working alongside our thematic coordinators in the UK and internationally, RDC will ensure that the partners have the capacity and tools to effectively implement our programmes and ensure that all partners are compliant with MH policies and procedures, especially on governance and risk management.
The RDC position will also support the Global Operations team in assessing and building the capacity of partner offices. Through coordination with the International Support Unit, the RDC will provide support and partner-specific information to the Muslim Hands International Fundraising partners.
This is an exciting period of growth and change at Muslim Hands as we have ambitious plans and programmes strategies to grow our activities by 2025.
- Partner Management
- Support the Partner offices and their operations to ensure they have effective resources and processes to manage MH funded projects.
- Provide support on HR and operational capacity within partner offices and overseas programmes
- Provide operational advice and support to MH on the working environment within country offices, including our fundraising teams
- Support the development of operational procedures and capacity within partner offices
- Assist partners to formulate, plan and communicate a country strategy with a clear vision and operational and programmatic goals
- Ensure partner offices have capacity and training plan to ensure continuous professional development of staff and the capacity to implement operational and programmatic strategies
- Represent Muslim Hands in the relevant forums and discussions.
- Support the Global operations team in the partner capacity assessments and training programmes.
- Ensure all partner policies and procedures (financial, operations, HR, etc.) are up to date, in line with MH policy and local law and exhaustive for the program's needs.
- Financial Compliance
- Oversee partner office administration budgets as well as a continuous review of budget vs actual expenditure.
- Alongside other Fundraising partners, ensure field office administration income is reviewed, and expenses are in line with budgets.
- Set a strong culture of compliance and integrity, with clear links between compliance and performance evaluations, consistent communication and rigorous oversight
- Provide fund management and financial transfer support to thematic teams
- Risk Management and Safeguarding
- Manage the overall risk register for the region
- Build risk mitigation plans to ensure effective management and implementation of MH projects.
- Mitigate risk and concerns raised on partner offices and operations
- Lead as the focal safeguarding contact for regional partners here in the UK.
- Support partner offices to build safeguarding and complaint management processes and policies
- Support and lead with complaint and safeguarding investigations when required
- Project Management
- Ensure that project management systems (P3) are used effectively by project field office staff
- Alongside the thematic teams, ensure that the partner offices are provided with technical support on MH management systems
- Experience in working with remote partners across the globe
- Experience of working within a development/humanitarian organisation
- Be effective in a fast-paced environment, especially within humanitarian emergency contexts
- To undertake all tasks and duties in an effective, efficient, transparent and wholly accountable manner
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by the line manager
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands policies and codes of conduct
- Excellent oral and written English is required.
- Experience of working within INGOs and Partner/Field Office Management
- Experience of working in-country within the countries that MH operate within
- Knowledge of any of the following languages is an advantage: French, Arabic and Urdu.
- Experience of working on Programme Quality, HR, Safeguarding and Risk.
NB: This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation
Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.