Vacancy Reference Number:
Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
(Up to) £22,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
24-Month’s Fixed Term Contract (with a 3-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up-to-date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than Wednesday, 17th February 2021.
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: W/C 1st March 2021
Start: ASAP thereafter
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold a Zoom Interview with Muslim Hands.
Muslim Hands is a UK based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. The Head Office in Nottingham and a fundraising team in Whitechapel London; occasional travel between the two locations. Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join our team during an exciting period of growth and change as we have ambitious plans to grow our activities by 2025.
This role is to bridge the gap between the programmes team and the fundraising team. It will entail working closely with the thematic leads and Country Offices (CO) to improve and develop reporting structures throughout our programmes, for the use of internal communications. These structures will ensure that reporting requirements (donor or fundraising) are addressed through the project cycle management and especially at design stage and ensure that feedback reports are circulated in a timely and effective manner. The candidate will also work hand in hand with the fundraising /donor liaison team ensure that all data (pictures, data reports, case studies etc.) are available for campaigns or donors.
- Ensure all programme information is available for other departments such as fundraising.
- Develop reporting catalogues for different data (for internal use and for Comms use externally)
- Support and strengthen the working relationship between thematic leads and fundraising leads.
- Improve current Reporting Strategy, which includes an organisational wide reporting structure.
- Alongside programmes and fundraising teams, improve reporting templates and documentation.
- Facilitate training to CO on reporting structures
- Identify relevant gaps within the communication, structure, and frequency between (UK) head office and CO
- Coordinate with thematic leads and CO to ensure reporting issues are addressed within programmes and specifically within programme design.
- Identify and report emerging needs to fundraising department
- Coordinate reporting activities
- Regularly attend fundraising meetings
- Act as a focal point for information in the absence of relevant thematic leads
- Facilitate technical support on creative skills between Creative team and Partners, such as Photography and storytelling training
- Within the programmes team ensure understanding on fundraising techniques and trends, to ensure information provided is relevant and usable for Social Media, Website blogs etc.
- Provide technical support and clarification on reporting policies
- Support reporting requirements for specific donor funded programmes
- Organise relevant trainings and workshops at both UK and field level
- Be effective in a fast pace environment especially within humanitarian emergency contexts
- Ensure all MH staff have knowledge of current trends around reporting preferences.
- To undertake all tasks and duties in an effective, efficient, transparent and wholly accountable manner
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands policies and codes of conduct
- To undertake all tasks and duties in an effective, efficient, transparent, and wholly accountable manner
- To demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct.
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in fundraising activities and ensuring the availability of staff during our peak periods.
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager.
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practices.
Note: This job description will change from time to time due to changes within the Organisation as well as the updating of procedures within your department. If there is a major change to your role then a new job description will be produced.
About the Successful Candidate:
- Ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Must be able to either:
- Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands; OR
- Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- Uphold Muslim Hands’ Organisational Values
- A degree in journalism, media, communications, social sciences, development, social/public policy, international affairs, or related areas.
- MBA, or masters level degree in International Development or related subject.
- Must possess excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills.
- Must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be well-versed with IT software such as intranet and internal communication systems
- Must have a passion for working within a Communications environment, preferably within the international development sector and ideally within Communications for Development.
- Possess experience in internal communication, reporting, documentation, and internal publication.
- Be well versed in different fundraising requirements and strategies.
- 2 years relevant NGO/Charity experience. Work experience in communication and development or humanitarian related fields will be an asset.
- Charities/INGO experience.
This is a very rewarding position for the right person. If you feel this is you please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suitable quoting the above reference number!!
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, 17th February 2021, however, we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.