Vacancy Reference Number:
Social Video Content Producer
Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
(Up to) £29,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
Permanent Full Time Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 28th October 2021
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Start: ASAP thereafter
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Skype Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please include your Skype ID in your application.
Muslim Hands is a UK based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. The Head Office in Nottingham and a fundraising team in Whitechapel London; occasional travel between the two locations. Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join our team during an exciting period of growth and change as we have ambitious plans to grow our activities by 2025.
Muslim Hands is an NGO that is at the forefront of delivering live saving aid and emergency relief to those who need it most, as well as building long term solutions that help the needy and impoverished worldwide.
The Fundraising team is young, diverse and dynamic and is set up to deliver and turn around tasks efficiently in a fast-moving sector. We thrive on new and creative ideas, always keeping the needs of our donors first and foremost.
The postholder shall form a key part of Muslim Hands’ growing Fundraising team. Working closely with all parts of the team, you will shine a light on all aspects of the great work Muslim Hands is doing worldwide.
We’re looking for a highly self-motivated and creative Video Editor to produce short and long form video content for the Muslim Hands Fundraising Department. With a focus on online content, this role will play to the strengths of a creative who has a solid understanding of social media strategy.
As Social Video Content Producer, you will be a key member of the communications team, responsible primarily for delivering exceptional video assets to meet the social media strategic and marketing goals of the fundraising department and the humanitarian objectives of the organisation as a whole.
You will have a thorough understanding of different social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok and Facebook, and an ability to create content that engages audiences across the digital space.
You will work closely with the Social Media Manager and creative team to plan, execute and review video campaigns across our channels and have the passion and confidence to drive engagement with the organisation through the effective use of video on SM.
You will have experience in producing content which is emotive and drive the viewer to take action. Above all, you must be able to work well as part of a team and express your ideas effectively.
With our donors at the heart of the change we’d like to see in our world, your
key focus will be:
- Creating and designing high-quality, engaging creative assets for social media.
- Supporting the development of social media strategy and content strategy, working with the Social Media Manager, Communications Manager and Digital Marketing Team.
- Keeping ahead of the latest content trends and features.
- Creating tailormade content across multiple social media platforms to increase engagement with the brand across the digital landscape.
- Aligning work output with brief requirements.
- Working together with other content creators such as the designers to deliver consistency in the creative brand across our social campaigns.
- Create videos, animation, and other visual materials.
- Working alongside the Creative Manager to deliver a brand video strategy.
Skills and Experience
- Digital asset production including video production and editing and motion graphics.
- Knowledge of how to make great content for social media, across a variety of channels and formats.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of video (Adobe; Premier, After Effects) and basic workable understanding of design tools and software (Adobe; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Ability to contribute to the full creative process from developing ideas to producing content
- Ideally, an understanding of third sector audiences.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask across several creative projects.
- Creative thinker, articulate and persuasive and able to communicate operational initiatives and outcomes.
- Experience in designing brand content for web, desktop and mobile.
Essential: The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have a deep natural curiosity, desire to experiment and ability to effectively deal with the heat of change. You have a growth and learning mindset: ready to test, stumble, learn and apply from experience.
- Be a team player, willing to collaborate and get involved in all aspects of a social media campaign, from inception to post-production.
- Have a genuine interest in social media and the latest digital trends as well as a desire to help others through your work.
- Be self-motivated, driven and accountable, with an ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Possess the ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Be able to either:
- Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands; OR
- Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- Demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- Support with other Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in live TV-Appeals during our peak periods.
- Undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager
- Promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practices
Essential Skills Required:
- Idea generation
- Good time keeping and organisation skills
- High proficiency in Adobe Premier
- Story boarding
- Audio editing
- Skilled in camera operating
- Ability to produce video end-to-end
Preferred Skills Required:
- Skilled in Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Photography skills
- Animation skills a plus
- Substantial experience in a social video content producing role
- Experience in creating content for YouTube and the web
- We would also encourage exceptionally skilled graduates to apply
If you feel this is you please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suitable for this opening – Remember to quote the reference number above!!
Deadline for applications is 28th October 2021 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.