Position title: The Open Kitchen Coordinator - Nottingham
Reports to: Director of Programmes
Location: Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary guideline: (Up to) £23,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment: 12-Months’ Fixed-Term Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period, Renewable and Extendable)
Application Process & Closing Date: Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 20th October 2021
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: As and when suitable applicants identified.
Start: ASAP thereafter
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold an Interview either an 'In Person', via Telephone or via 'Zoom' with Muslim Hands; therefore, please include your Telephone Contact details within your application and also familiarise yourself with Zoom Meetings in good time.
The Open Kitchen Coordinator - Nottingham
The Open Kitchen (OK) is a café style community-centred space where everyone is welcomed to come enjoy a free and nutritional meal between 12:00pm till 3:00pm from Monday to Friday. The Open Kitchen is a lifeline to the thousands that experience food poverty on a daily basis, ranging from homeless people to low-income families. OK also provides a range of other services including counselling, and pathways to other service providers.
Muslim Hands Programmes Department is looking to hire a Project Coordinator for The Open Kitchen in Nottingham. The role will be responsible for the day to day running of OK in Nottingham as well as working with the rest of the UK Programmes Department in achieving its national objectives.
- To manage all of the day to day running of the Open Kitchen in Nottingham
- To be the first point of contact for The Open Kitchen Nottingham in dealing with queries and issues
- To recruit, train and manage volunteers for The Open Kitchen
- To ensure that OK is compliant with national and local regulations such as Food hygiene standards and H&S.
- To liaise with UK Programmes Department to ensure that all documentation for the project is up to date and the project is running within Muslim Hands policies such as Safeguarding Policy.
- Lead on preparing and delivering activity/promotional days at the open kitchen
- To work with the Fundraising Department in developing interesting concepts and providing regular feedback to them.
- To submit feedbacks and reports on the Open Kitchen in line with MH templates and requirements
Networking and Advocacy
- Forge relationships with the local council and stakeholders to achieve Muslim Hands’ objectives in terms of OK and food security.
- Represent MH and the OK programme at local forums to ensure visibility of the programme within the sector
- Keep record of expenditure and financial reporting
- To demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in approximately 5-Live-TV-Appeals during our peak periods.
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practice
NB: This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation.
- Ability to work with vulnerable groups such as the homeless
- Experience in volunteering or managing volunteers
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills
- Demonstrate the ability to use one’s own initiative and work independently
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to signpost people to other agencies effectively
- Ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Must be able to either:
- Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands; OR
- Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of foodbanks, food distribution or charitable sector.
- An understanding of Nottingham City and the different stakeholders which operate within the relevant sector
- Knowledge of running food establishments
- Demonstrate relevant NGO/Charity experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of Programmes, Financial, organisational risk management
- Demonstrate knowledge of Human Resources Administration
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.