Vacancy Reference Number:
UK Programmes Manager
Director of Programmes
Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
(Up to) £38,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
12-Months' Fixed Term (Renewable / Extendable) with 6-Months' Probationary Period
Application Process & Closing Date:
Please send an introductory email telling us why you are suitable for the role along with your CV by no later than 7th February 2022.
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Start: ASAP thereafter
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold an Online Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please familiarise yourself with ZOOM, Team Link, MS Teams, and Skype post successful submission of your application.
Muslim Hands is a UK faith based international relief and development organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. The headquarters of Muslim Hands is based in Nottingham, with additional operational function of the - fundraising team located in London. There will be occasional travel between the two locations.
Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and passionate individual to lead our UK programs work. The program has reached an exciting period of growth and change.
Purpose of Post: Delivery of an impactful and effective UK program with reach and support for the vulnerable in line with the UK engagement strategy.
Main purpose of the Role:
The UK Programmes Manager will ensure the implementation of the MH UK Programmes Strategy and overseeing the portfolio of Programmes Muslim Hands supports across the UK.
The UK Programmes – Manager will report to the Director of Programmes and manage the UK programmes team.
The candidate will have demonstrable experience of successful delivery of UK civil society programme and project management. Ideally will have experience and knowledge of poverty, – education and food sector in the UK.
- Programme Management
- Review proposals of proposed interventions to ensure innovative projects and programmes are designed adhering to sectoral standards, principles in accordance with UK guideline on humanitarian interventions and best practice
- Overseeing end to end cycle of the programme
- Effectively coordinate and liaise with partners to successfully implement interventions
- Carry out regular performance and annual review of UK programmes based on strategic aims and KPI’s
- Ensure effective M&E arrangements through impact evaluation.
- Ensure the UK programme is in line with MH policies and procedures
- Ensure the effective use of the internal programme management system
- Ensure all UK programmes are in line with due diligence, risk procedures
- Finance and compliance
- To ensure effective implementation of projects through progress and financial reporting
- Develop MH UK programme budget
- Ensure that all records are maintained and stored appropriately in line with MH document management and IT policies
- Ensure documents and relevant procedures are correctly and appropriately applied.
- Networking and Influencing
- To significantly raise the profile and visibility of MH UK Domestic Program
- Represent MH on national and regional platforms. To develop understanding and support and to work in collaboration with faith-based and non-faith-based organisations
- Capacity Strengthening
- Provide insight into UK CSO trends to all relevant internal stakeholders and become a champion for UK Programmes internally and externally
- To work closely with colleagues and partners with relevant technical expertise to ensure (planning, monitoring, fundraising, M&E and governance and other appropriate support is available for UK programmes.
- Communication and Marketing
- To provide key case studies to communication colleagues, in order to create further opportunities by highlighting key stories which heighten the awareness of the UK Domestic Program
- To undertake all tasks and duties in an effective, efficient, transparent, and wholly accountable manner
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by line manager
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands policies and codes of conduct
- Ability to travel within the UK
- At least 3 years experience of working within UK civil society sector
- Ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Must be able to either:
1. Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands;
2. Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- Experience of Team management
- A master’s level or equivalent relevant qualification
- Project Management qualifications
We reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.