Vacancy Reference Number:
UX Web Designer
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
(Up to) £33,000.00 (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
Permanent Contract (with a 6-Months' Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up-to-date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 15th June 2022
- Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Online Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please familiarise yourself with MS Teams and Zoom Meetings, prior to submitting your application.
- Deadline for applications is 15th June 2022 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
Main purpose of the Role:
There’s a lot of great things happening at Muslim Hands, making it a good time to join this leading international charity, which delivers emergency relief and long-term projects in over 40 countries. We are currently looking for an experienced UX Web Designer to join the Digital Team and take our digital platforms to the next level.
The chosen candidate will manage the transformation and optimisation of all MH websites, beginning with our flagship UK site. Working closely with a web design agency, you will be a friendly people’s person who can explain complex ideas to stakeholders in easy to understand ways.
The chosen candidate will have a keen eye for detail, be highly creative and will need to be someone who can solve complex design problems. This is a fantastic opportunity for a UX Web Designer to make their mark.
- Strong UX/UI understanding of principles and best practices
- Experience working with wireframing tools, such as Figma or similar
- Demonstrable experience of website creation from brief to completion
- Knowledge of information architecture, online user behaviour, user personas and experience journeys
- Improving UX through A/B testing with a view to increasing conversions
- Strong experience of content planning and designing production workflows
- Working knowledge of site analytics
- Have a ‘mobile first’ attitude to web design.
- 2+ years in a similar role
- Experience of usability testing and working knowledge of data governance, procedures and systems
- Experience in in managing external design agencies
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills and awareness of new EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Must be proficient with CMS systems or have strong CMS experience - Umbraco CMS experience is ideal
- Will have exceptional IT skills and a practical knowledge of web technologies (HTML, SEO, CSS etc.)
- Ability to travel to our Nottingham office when required.
- Ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Must be able to either:
Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands; OR
Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- Demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by the Line Manager
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practices.
- This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation.
- Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.