Vacancy Reference Number:
(Interim) Comms Manager
Remote (with periodic attendance at Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE)
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
(Up to) £26,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
Permanent Full Time Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 11th January 2021
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: W/C 11th January 2021 & 18th January 2021
Start: ASAP thereafter
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Skype Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please include your Skype ID in your application.
Muslim Hands is a UK based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. The Head Office in Nottingham and a fundraising team in Whitechapel London; occasional travel between the two locations. Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join our team during an exciting period of growth and change as we have ambitious plans to grow our activities by 2025.
Muslim Hands is an NGO that is at the forefront of delivering live saving aid and emergency relief to those who need it most, as well as building long term solutions that help the needy and impoverished worldwide.
The Fundraising team is young, diverse and dynamic and is set up to deliver and turn around tasks efficiently in a fast-moving sector. We thrive on new and creative ideas, always keeping the needs of our donors first and foremost.
As Video Editor you’ll form a key part of Muslim Hands’ growing Fundraising team. Working closely with all parts of the team, you will shine a light on all aspects of the great work Muslim Hands is doing worldwide.
We’re looking for a highly self-motivated and creative Video Editor to produce short and long form video content for the Muslim Hands Fundraising Department. With a focus on online content, this role will play to the strengths of a creative who has a solid understanding of social media strategy, particularly YouTube.
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing and delivering effective fundraising video content, tailored for the wide variety of platforms we use. You could be editing a case study video one day, and a video podcast the next. Story telling must be your passion, with the ability to story board and script write being part of your core skills. Your technical skills will be highly polished yet have a desire to learn and develop further. Motion graphic skills are a huge bonus. Colour grading, sound editing and captioning are all second nature to you.
You will also be skilled in using a camera to record new footage, which will require travel across the UK and abroad, so ability to travel is a must. You must also be able to turn archived footage into something new and fresh.
You will have experience in creating video content which is emotive and drive the viewer to take action. Above all, you must be able to work well as part of a team and express your ideas effectively.
Essential: The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Possess a BA [or Equivalent] Qualification in a relevant programme of Study
- Possess the ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Be able to either:
- Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands; OR
- Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- Demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- Support with other Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in live TV-Appeals during our peak periods.
- Undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager
- Promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practices
Essential Skills Required:
- Idea generation
- Good time keeping and organisation skills
- High proficiency in Adobe Premier
- Story boarding
- Audio editing
- Skilled in camera operating
- Ability to produce video end-to-end
Preferred Skills Required:
- Skilled in Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Photography skills
- Animation skills a plus
- Substantial experience in a video editing role
- Experience in creating content for YouTube and the web
- We would also encourage exceptionally skilled graduates to apply
If you feel this is you please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suitable for this opening – Remember to quote the reference number above!!
Deadline for applications is 11th January 2021 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.