Urgently Seeking a Midweight Digital Motion Designer!
Join the Muslim Hands Fundraising Digital Team
We are looking for a Midweight Motion designer to join our small but growing Digital Team.
The Digital Team connect our donors with our fundraising causes online via our website, through social media ads, PPC and display ads. Our goal is to produce share-worthy content that makes our audience feel connected to our causes. Original, flexible, and critical thinkers who communicate and collaborate well with other contributors will thrive.
As a motion designer, you’ll be responsible for creating engaging video content to help us reach our fundraising goals. As a gifted storyteller you will be able to make solid editorial judgements on selecting the right footage and story angle for short length ads, as well as long-form videos. You will help our fundraising team to shape a visual identity and voice that cuts through the noise on social media.
The ideal candidate must have strong design, layout, and animation skills; demonstrated experience with video and sound, be familiar with all social media platforms and passionate about exploring the opportunities their constant innovations offer for fundraising.
We are looking for people who meet the following qualifications:
Able to work remotely (with ability to attend occasional meetings in the London or Nottingham offices)
Eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
2+ years of design / motion design experience
A pragmatic innovator whose solutions elicit responses that justify the effort and investment
Demonstrated ability to create story presentations that intelligently incorporate video, audio, still images and text
Strong visual and design skills in motion design as well as traditional graphic design
A clear grasp of typography, layout, colour, motion and behaviour
Attention to detail and excellent communication skills
Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to change on a daily basis
Experience working collaboratively with members of a mixed-media team
Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects in particular
Please note: Applications without links to portfolios/ work samples will not be considered.
Candidates should apply by emailing their resume and portfolio
Subject line of the email should be “Midweight Digital Motion Designer” and then the applicant’s 'Name'.
Further Details. . .
Vacancy Reference Number:
Midweight Digital Motion Designer
Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Muslim Hands UK, 595-597 Commercial Road, London, E1 0HJ.
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
(Up to) £30,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
Permanent Full Time Contract (subject to successfully completing a 6-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Please send an introductory email telling us why you are suitable for the role along with your CV and 3 samples of recent work by no later than 7th February 2022. Subject line of the email should be “Midweight Digital Motion Designer” and then the applicant’s 'Name'. Please note your application will not be considered if you don’t send examples of your latest work or a cover letter.
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Start: ASAP thereafter
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold an Online Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please familiarise yourself with ZOOM, Team Link, MS Teams, and Skype post successful submission of your application.
Muslim Hands is a UK based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. The Head Office in Nottingham and a fundraising team in Whitechapel London; occasional travel between the two locations. Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join our team during an exciting period of growth and change as we have ambitious plans to grow our activities by 2025.
Muslim Hands is an NGO that is at the forefront of delivering live saving aid and emergency relief to those who need it most, as well as building long term solutions that help the needy and impoverished worldwide.
The Fundraising team is young, diverse and dynamic and is set up to deliver and turn around tasks efficiently in a fast-moving sector. We thrive on new and creative ideas, always keeping the needs of our donors first and foremost.
Are you a talented creative looking to make a difference in the world? Do you want to join a friendly and supportive fundraising team where your contribution can literally save lives? If you answered yes, then we have the ideal job for you!
As Midweight Digital Motion Designer, you will be a key member of the Digital Team, responsible primarily for creating engaging and persuasive digital assets to increase brand awareness and drive conversions. Reporting to the Digital Manager, you will work closely with the Digital Marketing Executive and in collaboration with the Creative Team from creative ideation through to the production of digital assets.
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate experience producing creative assets including video and graphics for digital marketing and social media for platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and the Google Display Network amongst others.
You will be a gifted storyteller and have creative flare with proven ability to produce scroll-stopping creatives that grab attention and drive action. You will be passionate about the humanitarian sector and committed to serving Muslim Hand’s purpose of fighting poverty and sustainable development.
With our donors at the heart of the change we’d like to see in our world, your key focus will be:
- Producing high-quality, engaging creative assets for digital marketing platforms including social media, YouTube, Google and website.
- Pro-actively participating in creative ideation, video planning, scripting, storyboarding and shot lists.
- Managing all stages of video production including, pre-production, production, and post-production
- Supporting the development and execution of the digital marketing strategy
- Keeping ahead of the latest content trends and features.
- Creating tailormade content across multiple social media platforms to increase engagement with the brand across the digital landscape.
- Aligning work output with brief requirements.
- Working together with other content creators such as the designers to deliver consistency in the creative brand across our social campaigns.
- Shooting content on location/ in studio as and when required.
- Support content creation for social media and TV as and when required.
- Working alongside the Creative Manager to deliver a brand video strategy.
- Organising and maintaining all files and the asset library
Skills and Experience
- BA in related field (Media Studies, Film Making, Graphic Design) with 2 years of professional experience
- Digital asset production including video production and editing, motion graphics and graphic design.
- Knowledge of how to make great content for digital marketing, across a variety of channels and formats.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Premier, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Shooting live- action and camera skills
- Ability to contribute to the full creative process from developing ideas to producing content
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ideally, an understanding of third sector audiences.
- Creative thinker, articulate and persuasive and able to communicate operational initiatives and outcomes.
- Experience in designing brand content for web, desktop and mobile.
- You have a deep natural curiosity, desire to experiment and ability to effectively deal with the heat of change.
- You have a growth and learning mindset: ready to test, stumble, learn and apply from experience.
- You are a team player, willing to collaborate and get involved in all aspects of a digital marketing campaign, from inception to post-production.
- You are able to accept and act upon constructive feedback
- You have a genuine interest in digital marketing and the latest digital trends as well as a desire to help others through your work.
- You are self-motivated, driven, and accountable, with an ability to navigate ambiguity.
Essential for Successful Postholder to:
- Possess the ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Be able to either:
1. Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands;
2. Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- Demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- Support with other Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in live TV-Appeals during our peak periods.
- Undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager
- Promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practices
We reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation.
Send CV and 3 samples of recent work by no later than 7th February 2022
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.