Vacancy Reference Number:
Interim Comms Manager
Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
(Up to) £30,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
Permanent Full Time Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 16th March 2020
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: W/C 23rd March 2020 (should the advertisement campaign run its full course)
Start: ASAP thereafter
- Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Skype Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please include your Skype ID in your application.
- Previous applicants need not apply.
Muslim Hands is a UK based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide, with the head office based in Nottingham and the fundraising team based in Whitechapel, London. Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate programmes operations officer to assist in the operations department. This role is based in Nottingham. This is an exciting period of growth and change, with ambitious plans to grow our activities within this area by 2020.
Main purpose of the Role:
Are you a web specialist looking for an opportunity to lead a brand-new digital strategy for an international charity?
There’s a lot of great things happening at Muslim Hands making it a good time to join a leading international charity which delivers emergency relief and long-term projects in over 40 countries. We are currently looking for an experienced web specialist to implement a brand-new digital strategy that will be at the forefront of our donor services.
The chosen candidate will manage the transformation and optimisation of the MH digital portfolio by directing agencies and developers, as well as the relevant in-house staff. This will include everything from design and implementation of the digital strategy, call to action (CTA), analytics, conversion metrics, search engine optimisation (SEO) and UX, making this a varied and busy role.
Working closely with the Fundraising Director, Communications Manager and Creative Manager, the successful candidate will ensure digital optimisation through A/B testing for MH including facilitating the updating of our current portfolio of websites to improve user experience, ensuring Muslim Hands aligns with current best practices.
The chosen candidate will have a keen eye for detail, plus be able to design according to the current brand guidelines to ensure MH continues to meet the needs of our supporters and volunteers to the highest possible standard.
Additional Key Responsibilities:
- To demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in approximately 5-Live-TV-Appeals during our peak periods.
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practices in addition, the programmes operations officer will be required to undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by the line manager
- All employees are required to undertake all tasks and duties in an effective, efficient, transparent and wholly accountable manner
Essential: The Ideal Candidate will:
- Demonstrate eligibility to work in the UK
- Must be able to either:
a. Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands;
b. Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role
- Demonstrable experience of website creation from brief to completion
- Knowledge of information architecture, online user behaviour, user personas and experience journeys
- Improving UX through A/B testing with a view to increasing conversions
- Strong experience of content planning and designing production workflows
- Working knowledge of site analytics
- Have a ‘mobile first’ attitude to web design
- Experience of usability testing and working knowledge of data governance, procedures and systems.
- Experience in writing briefs for a new website
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills and awareness of new EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Must be proficient with CMS systems or have strong CMS experience - Umbraco CMS experience is ideal
- Will have exceptional IT skills and a practical knowledge of web technologies (HTML, SEO, CSS etc.)
This is a very rewarding position for the right person. If you feel this is you, please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suitable quoting the above reference number!!
Deadline for applications is 16th March 2020 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.