Mustard Tree is a charity that helps people to learn new skills, find work, secure accommodation. Through our community shops we provide food and the resources needed to create a home. We offer warm, creative and aspirational spaces and opportunities for people to improve their lives.
Working with the Services Manager and a team of staff and volunteers in the support service function within the Mustard Tree. This role will focus on supporting clients who may be sleeping rough or at risk of homelessness from our busy reception. This includes providing effective and high-level customer service in our reception area as well as providing on the job training to our Freedom Trainees.
The salary is dependant on experience including experience of leading teams. The role is based in Ancoats but willingness to travel to our sites in Salford to provide cover as required is essential.
What you will be doing:
- Meet and greet visitors, ensuring high level of welcome and customer service is delivered
- Provide 121 support around a range of enquires including finance, benefits, housing, and effective and well managed signposting into other services including healthcare.
- Identify any potential disturbances before they happen, escalating incidents and safeguarding risks, and maintaining a calm, professional manner.
- Providing public toilet access using the key discreetly with the aim of providing help and the bathroom facility whilst preventing drug taking in the toilet
- Managing enquires from all our guests including people who may be sleeping rough and/or distressed including organising referrals and food parcels
- Organising the day’s referral appointments and details of visitors due in that day including managing any people waiting by ensuring they are given an approximate time to see someone
- Manage and deliver ad-hoc referrals in line with the process and using discretion (meeting room/quiet space) to provide dignity when completing the referral
- Answering visitor’s questions about Mustard Tree its services, projects and activities.
- Handling the Reception email and post light administration tasks such as printing and photocopying to keep the display unit and notice boards up to date with forms and posters
- Accepting donations from donors and asking for their contact details so we can thank them
- Using laptops as well as the retail system to help set up accounts with Mustard Tree for people including using the Master Till to log referrals onto the kudos system
- Support and train Mustard Tree volunteers in Reception duties using the Volunteer Training manuals
- Manage the health and safety requirements of the support services including risk assessments, lone working policy, staff wellbeing and incident management
General Work duties:
- Support Freedom trainees to develop skills and behaviours and feel part of the community
- Work within health & safety guidelines and Mustard Tree policies and procedures
- Supporting other staff and sites, providing practical relief cover for work-streams
- Take responsibility for professional development, attending training courses as required
- Leading by example, embodying Mustard Tree values and represent the charity as required
- Contribute towards being an environmentally responsible organisation as part of day to day activities including recycling and supporting ‘paper-lite’ practices
- Other tasks and duties relevant to the role as required by the organisation
What we are looking for: Person Specification
- Effective communication and good interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and presentation
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach, able to work on their own initiative as well as work cooperatively.
- Kind and encouraging, and enjoys working with a diverse range of people
- Personal accountability with a positive and proactive approach to problem solving
- 5 x GCSEs including English and Maths, or equivalent qualifications and ability to use IT systems
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in front line roles within 3rd sector/charity
- Experience of working with people who are homeless or in risk of homelessness including managing 121 conversations and providing support
- Experience dealing with unsatisfied customers, and decision making.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and governance
- Knowledge of safeguarding, mental health first aid and incident management including respect for confidentiality
Deadline: 12 noon 27th April
First assessment day: 30th April
To apply please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered for the role and how you meet the requirements specified in the person specification (no more than 2 pages).
* Please note that applications will be screened to ensure they meet the minimum criteria prior to shortlisting.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.