NACCOM is committed to bringing an end to destitution amongst people seeking asylum, refugees and migrants with no recourse to public funds living in the UK. NACCOM exists to promote good practice in and support the establishment of accommodation projects that reduce destitution amongst asylum seekers as well as migrants with no recourse to public funds (NRPF) and / or refugees facing barriers to accessing affordable housing. It does this by:
- providing networking opportunities to encourage, empower and connect members
- sharing knowledge and promoting good practice to provide pathways out of destitution
- working with others (including those with lived experience) to raise awareness of destitution and campaign for a just and humane asylum system
- gathering and disseminating data on the scale of destitution and positive outcomes achieved by members
The Network Development Co-ordinator will further the growth and sustainability of the network by:
- using their expertise to provide consultancy to existing member organisations to help develop capacity in and increase the effectiveness of their accommodation projects;
- encouraging the creation of accommodation provision for destitute people seeking asylum in areas where there is no provision, either through partnership working with existing projects or the establishment of new projects;
- developing accommodation sub-groups and regional support networks within NACCOM with a focus on London, the South, the South East and the South West; and
- supporting members with access to up-to-date information and resources on providing accommodation including through online tools and events.
Working with the NACCOM team, the Network Development Co-ordinator will also have initial responsibility for delivering the second phase of the Design Lab project, part of an Infrastructure Programme grant from the National Lottery Community Fund which has matched us with digital designers to develop solutions to strengthen the support that we offer to member organisations.
Key duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver phase two of the Design Lab project, working with NACCOM and Design Lab colleagues to develop and test solutions to the design brief, in order to strengthen the support that we offer to member organisations and the way we work with them.
- Respond to requests from member groups to evaluate existing schemes and explore strategies for sustainability and/or growth.
- Research new asylum dispersal areas and identify potential new member projects and/or partnerships with existing projects.
- Help new groups to set up and develop accommodation schemes appropriate to their area.
- Encourage members to liaise with and support one another locally and regionally as the network expands.
- Facilitate accommodation sub-groups within NACCOM’s membership and develop these to reflect the needs of members.
- Provide leadership to regional network groups and encourage participation across the membership, including rubbing regional hubs.
- Work with the Communications Co-ordinator, Policy and Research Co-ordinator, Community Research Facilitator, Community Researcher volunteers, and other experts by experience (EbEs) to assist with the implementation of the communications and advocacy strategy as required and to help inform best practice to member organisations.
- Develop resources and information for the members’ library to assist members with developing accommodation.
- Record activities and establish ways to measure impact to contribute to NACCOMs impact monitoring and reporting.
- Represent NACCOM at national events and meetings as agreed with the Director.
- Assist with the co-ordination and management of key events including the Annual Conference in conjunction with other NACCOM staff as and when required.
- Report regularly to Director and attend team meetings as required.