Job title: Clinical Administration Manager
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000 depending on experience
Hours: 5 days/week
Contract length: Permanent
Annual leave: 25 days + public holidays
Pension: 6% employer contribution
Benefits: Personal Development Budget; Employee well-being provision (sponsored mental health support); Annual Eye tests and Cycle to Work scheme
Accountable to: Chief Executive
Base: Hybrid role/Nafsiyat Intercultural Therapy Centre, Unit 4 Lysander Mews, Lysander Grove, London N19 3QP (specific days can be negotiated)
Work Permit: Candidates must have right to work in the UK
Nafsiyat exists to reach those who are systemically failed elsewhere in society, isolated by skewed power dynamics which underlie, and/ or intensify, the experience of mental ill health. Nafsiyat was established in 1983 by psychotherapist Jafar Kareem as a grassroots, community-based response to the need in North London-based Black, African, Asian, minoritised ethnic and refugee communities. We were the first therapy centre in the UK to take account of the cultural background of the patient and therapist and recognise its importance in therapy. We exist to ensure that the diverse religious, cultural, and ethnic communities in London can access culturally sensitive psychotherapy and counselling services; we also provide therapy in over twenty languages. Our staff and volunteers come from diverse cultural backgrounds.
The Clinical Administration Manager will provide leadership at Nafsiyat and contribute to the overall strategic direction of the charity. They will be responsible for the management of Nafsiyat’s small clinical admin team, and the timely and smooth delivery of services provided by therapists.
Main Duties include but not limited to:
- To manage referrals, ensuring that they are processed and entered on all data base systems.
- To manage case allocations, following up on their progress through administrative systems and report on this to the Clinical Lead.
- To ensure messages from client to counsellors are delivered efficiently.
- Working closely and co-ordinating with the Clinical Lead in the organisation and distribution of material to the counselling team as well as dealing with the concerns of the therapists.
- To assist in the timely allocation of clients and waiting list management.
- Responsible for monitoring
- To help develop and improve service by ensuring efficiency in service delivery, establishing effective service monitoring systems, and managing communication pathways.
- To always ensure confidentiality and follow data protection guidelines and safeguarding procedures while dealing with sensitive client information.
Dynamic administration is the method used at Nafsiyat to maintain a constant and dynamic record of all clinical work. It is part of the clinical process which provides containment and sets up the boundaries necessary for both client and clinician.
- Managing and supervising admin team and the admin processes of the organisation.
- Maintaining a constant and dynamic record of all work carried out by the clinician.
- Manage front of house operations including telephone/email enquiries, ensuring messages are dealt with efficiently and in timely manner.
- To provide administrative support to the Chief Executive and the clinical admin team.
- To manage and organise online filing system, keeping it up to date as required.
- To manage and update database system regularly as required.
- To assist in the collection and entry of counselling data for statistical reports.
- Maintain clinical records.
- To oversee the front of house team.
- To ensure the waiting area/office is welcoming.
- Report to Chief Executive any issues and concerns in the premises.
- To oversee general reception duties.
- Minimum 3yrs experience in similar role.
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector. Ideally experience of working with people from different ethnic backgrounds in mental health related field.
- Experience at management level. Track record of staff and stakeholder management.
- An ability to think strategically, innovate, motivate, lead, and deliver.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Experience of working with Databases and Client Management software, MS office, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to carry out calculations and collate statistical information.
- Organised, methodical, and capable of extremely accurate work.
- Ability to work on own initiative with a problem-solving approach.
- Awareness of the needs of people with mental health issues in the community.
- Good written and verbal communications.
- Empathetic and able to deal with stressful situations in a calm and professional way.
The full job description is attached seperately.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a current CV and tailored covering letter (no more than 2 pages) explaining how your skills and experience match the requirements for this role by 5pm on 21st July.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.