Are you a driven fundraising professional looking to do some real good with your career? Want to play an integral role in the ongoing success of a progressive wellness education charity? If so, we want to hear from you.
Nanak Naam is dedicated to creating a world where everyone can improve their mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing through the universal wisdom of Oneness and meditation. As a young organisation, we’ve made a significant impact in the lives of thousands of people globally through our online educational programs, digital content and live lectures and courses teaching emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing through ancient wisdom and practices including meditation and mindfulness.
This is a great opportunity to join us at a key point in our evolution. We are entirely funded by public donations and our fundraising efforts are pivotal in supporting our mission. With a newly recruited team and our inspirational CEO/Founder, we have ambitious plans to scale up our already highly successful initiatives – and that’s where you come in.
As our audiences are growing rapidly online we are investing in our teams. We’re currently looking for a Major Donor Fundraiser to join our Head Office in Uxbridge, London to help create engaging new e-learning wellbeing courses for our global audiences. We are searching for candidates who have a can-do attitude and a notebook full of creative and innovative propositions. We’re looking for someone who brings energy and enthusiasm to the role.
You will have the chance to shape our business, which will enable us to continue our vital work, reach more people in need of our support and ignite real change.
- Plan and deliver a new major donor development strategy to secure significant gifts from individuals.
- Identify, cultivate, secure income, and steward relationships to deliver maximum long-term impact and income through effective personal relationship management with major donors.
- Develop strong and enduring relationships with current and potential major donors
- Create compelling, relevant and tailored funding proposals
- Design and develop a targeted contact strategy and bespoke cultivation plan
- Strong knowledge of and successful track record in delivering significant new income through personal approaches to Major Donors.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and managing new, mutually beneficial relationships with Major Donors.
- Experience in other methods of fundraising, such as grants and trusts.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to review and improve the quality of existing fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to negotiate and influence effectively with strong written and verbal skills
- Great networking skills and familiarity with the current fundraising landscape, approach and techniques.
- Must be able to commute to and work from our office in Uxbridge, with a possibility of occasionally working from home.
- A keen interest in mental wellness through meditation and mindfulness-based practices. (Please include any details of this in your covering letter)
- A successful track record of securing five or six-figure grants from trusts/foundations
If this sounds like you then we would be delighted to receive your application.
- Salary Circa £32,000 - £36,000 (based on experience) per annum
- Location: Flexible working considered, yet within regular traveling distance to our head office in Uxbridge, London
- 28 days’ holidays inclusive of public holidays
- Join a small, friendly and dynamic non-profit organisation that is really making a difference to people’s mental wellbeing worldwide
- Become part of a determined team who are passionate about what they do
- A modern working environment and innovative culture
This role is offered on a fixed-term basis for 12 months with the potential for future extension.
Please send your CV with a cover letter highlighting any relevant experience.