nasen is looking to recruit an experienced Personal Assistant to support the Chief Executive and service the Board of Trustees. If you have a high level of administrative competency, excellent time-management skills, with the proven ability to prioritise tasks then we would love to hear from you.
Who We Are
nasen (National Association for Special Educational Needs) is a membership charity organisation that supports all education practitioners. We provide: Continuing Professional Development (CPD), resources, advice, information and much more to enable all staff to meet the needs of all their pupils.
• To provide administrative, executive and secretarial support for the Chief Executive Officer.
• To service the Board of Trustees.
• To provide day-to-day logistical support for the London office.
The Personal Assistant provides high quality support to the Chief Executive in all areas, anticipating needs and ensuring that support provided is fit for purpose and high quality. The Personal Assistant will:
• Manage and maintain the Chief Executive’s diary, including helping to make the best use of time through effective weekly, termly and annual calendar management.
• Manage the Chief Executive’s telephone calls, email and wider correspondence including sensitive and confidential correspondence, on a daily basis.
• Prioritise correspondence for action, giving consideration to deadlines and making judgements about which items need to be dealt with by the Chief Executive and which can be more appropriately dealt with by other staff.
• Co-ordinate workflow, including providing written or verbal briefings that may be complex in nature.
• Use initiative and judgement to anticipate and research information needed by the Chief Executive to inform planning and preparation for significant internal and external meetings, conferences and events.
• Organise travel arrangements, including reservations, appointments and itineraries for the Chief Executive’s journeys within the UK and overseas.
• Organise meetings, including any associated administration and arrangements for catering/hospitality.
• Draft selected memos, emails and other documents (e.g. policies and procedures) on behalf of the Chief Executive for a variety of internal and external audiences.
• Complete expenses paperwork and other paperwork as required by the Chief Executive.
• Proof-read documents and publications prior to distribution.
• Maintain and develop filing systems, operational procedures and technological solutions for the secure retention of information and the retrieval of such information as required.
• Prepare agendas and papers and ensure agreed actions are tracked and completed through maintaining an action log.
• Organise Leadership Meetings and take minutes for these and other meetings as required.
• Service the Board of Trustees and be the main contact for the Chair and other board members.
• Organise and service other meetings as required by the Chief Executive.
• Provide support for the wider Executive Leadership Team as agreed by the Chief Executive.
• Provide day-to-day logistical support for the London office, as required.
• Undertake other duties and responsibilities as required, appropriate to the grade of the post, as agreed with the Chief Executive.
• Undertake training and development as requested.
Please see attached.
How To Apply
To submit an application, please select 'Apply Online' and submit your CV and covering letter addressed to the Chief Executive, Professor Adam Boddison.
The first round of interviews will be conducted electronically.
- 25.5 Days annual leave excluding public holidays (plus one additional day at Christmas and Easter)
- Flexible hours (to be agreed)
- 8% Employer Pension contribution
- Enhanced parental leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Supported professional development
- 10% London weighting
- Friendly and relaxed atmosphere
- Dog-friendly workplace
Please visit our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.