nasen is looking to recruit an experienced Website Officer to administer nasen’s website and CRM systems. If you have a high level of programming and analytical skills, excellent technical understanding, with the proven ability to handle pressure whilst meeting tight deadlines then we would love to hear from you.
Who We Are
nasen (National Association for Special Educational Needs) is a membership charity organisation that supports all education practitioners. We provide: Continuing Professional Development (CPD), resources, advice, information and much more to enable all staff to meet the needs of all their pupils.
• To ensure nasen’s websites and the CRM system are operating effectively and meeting the needs of the organisation.
• To support users accessing the nasen website and help them to book onto events, sign up to membership and purchase from a suite of nasen's SEND services.
• To be responsible for introducing the website and CRM internally, and making sure it functions smoothly and efficiently.
• Oversight of the support and maintenance of nasen’s websites and CRM.
• Coordination of support requests with external providers and leading on staff technical support and nasen membership technical customer support as required.
• Designing and delivering nasen’s website and CRM infrastructure in consultation the Head of Operations and the Head of Sales and Marketing.
• Exploring and developing new capabilities to support the growth and development of nasen.
• Communication of plans and strategies across the team and with senior staff as required.
• Provide support and added features for a technology loaded web space.
• Ensure the compatibility of the website with the full breadth of user interfaces.
• Managing the accessing rights of different users to the website and CRM.
• Management of the settings of the website, including site navigation.
• Analysing website traffic and responding to feedback on the website and/or CRM.
• Overseeing website functionality and performance.
• Responsible for the overall security of the website under the guidance of the Head of Operations.
• To undertake relevant training and development, as required.
• To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required, appropriate to the grade of the post, as agreed with the Head of Sales and Marketing.
Please see attached.
How To Apply
To submit an application, please select 'Apply Online' and submit your CV and covering letter addressed to the Chief Executive, Professor Adam Boddison.
The first round of interviews will be conducted electronically.
- 25.5 Days annual leave excluding public holidays (plus one additional day at Christmas and Easter)
- Flexible hours (to be agreed)
- 8% Employer Pension contribution
- Enhanced parental leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Supported professional development
- 10% London weighting
- Friendly and relaxed atmosphere
- Dog-friendly workplace
Please visit our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.