Do you want to join a growing charity that is leading the way to transform people’s futures? Are you a junior fundraiser looking to gain experience across a range of fundraising disciplines? Are you dynamic, organised and resourceful fundraiser? Then join us!
NASS inspires hope about how people can live a fulfilled life with ankylosing spondylitis by providing information and support and funding research. We ignite change by working alongside clinicians to identify and support innovative ways to improve patient care, and by working with parliamentarians and policy makers to make the case for improvements in diagnosis and care. We create connections and nurture relationships with our members to ensure that no-one feels isolated with their diagnosis.
We are looking for a fundraiser to support us across a range of fundraising areas, be a key team player in a small organisation, and provide incredible support to our great fundraisers. You will work with autonomy on some fundraising projects, and work closely with the Head of Fundraising on other areas. Day to day you will also undertake the administrative fundraising tasks including donation processing, thanking, and keeping our database updated.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now by submitting your CV together with two-page cover letter explaining your interest in the role and how you meet the person specification.
Deadline for applications 9am on Tuesday 25 June.
Interviews will be held on Friday 5 July.
NASS is the leading registered charity dedicated to the needs of people with axial spondyloarthritis (AS), an inflammatory arthritis affecting the spine and other joints. Our role is to provide information, support and resources for people with AS and their families; to campaign on their behalf for better health services; and to support research into the condition. NASS is a small team of 13 members of staff.
This is an exciting opportunity for a relatively junior fundraiser to get experience across a range of fundraising areas, be a key team player in a small organisation, and provide incredible support to our great fundraisers.
You will work with autonomy on some fundraising projects, and work closely with the Head of Fundraising on other areas. Day to day you will also undertake the administrative fundraising tasks including donation processing, thanking, and keeping our database updated.
You will play a key role in helping us to achieve our ambitious goals to grow fundraising income (excluding legacy income) by 82% in the next three years.
- To identify, develop, promote and steward community and event fundraising activities as highlighted in the Fundraising Strategy.
- To work with the Head of Fundraising to develop and deliver a new community/events fundraising campaign.
- To deliver excellent supporter stewardship to ensure long-term commitment and ensure that supporters are recognized for their efforts.
- To assist with research into grant making Trusts and Foundations.
- Take responsibility for small grant applications to Trusts.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising to grow our legacy giving pipeline; developing new materials and marketing campaigns, and planning cultivation events.
- To undertake a range of administrative duties including (but not limited to): being the first point of contact for fundraising enquiries, responding to requests for fundraising material, acknowledging all individual donations and In-Memory donations, looking after the NASS Summer and Autumn Raffles, managing the supporter database, and fulfilling fundraising merchandising.
- To manage the NASS shop, including identifying new product ranges, working with the Communications team on innovative promotional activities, fulfilling orders, and managing stock levels
- Work closely with the Marketing, Brand and Design officer to develop fundraising material.
- To ensure that the highest professional and ethical standards are adopted to meet relevant legal, professional, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- To undertake training identified as necessary.
- To undertake such other tasks as may reasonably be required.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.