Director of People, Education and Inclusion
Up to £70,000 per annum plus benefits
35 hours per week
NCT, are delighted to be inviting applications for the newly created role of Director of People, Education and Inclusion.
In recent years, NCT has embarked on a transformation programme to put our People at the heart of our mission and impact. We want to build a truly open, diverse, inclusive culture that enables our work and our charity to thrive. Additionally, after a number of years of building NCT’s new educational model, we are at a crucial launch point in recruiting and preparing our future perinatal leaders.
We are looking for a Director of People, Education and Inclusion to drive the leadership transformation of these key areas for the growth, vision and development within NCT.
About the role
We are looking to bring on board a true partner to the Chief Executive, Senior Leadership Team and Trustees, and a demonstrable leader in enabling NCT to achieve our commitment to celebrate diversity, challenge inequality and build an inclusive workforce and environment, to support our People strategically, in terms of their wellbeing and in their day-to-day impact, and driving the delivery of our new education vision and plans.
You will be a strong HR leader with experience in leading strategic people and change management projects to completion, ideally coming from a not-for-profit background, or with experience working within a corporate governance framework. Successful experience in driving impactful inclusion strategies as well as expertise in leading cultural and behavioural organisational change is desired. Experience within education and workforce learning and development would be a great addition to your skillset.
- Acting as a key member of the NCT’s Leadership team, promoting our vision, mission, values and the impact we want to make in the world.
- Developing our People strategy, plans and practices to drive our agenda on people, performance, culture and inclusion.
- Acting as the lead Director in supporting the Nomination & Remuneration Committee of the Board, who provide governance accountability on all People & Inclusion matters
- Prioritising equality, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and career development across NCT. Demonstrating leadership and championing our inclusion commitments; drawing on external expertise and leadership where required.
- Ensuring our education work can support the longer-term sustainable development of our courses and services to parents and can act as a channel to drive the cultures and behaviours that will serve the most diverse parent audiences we can; at NCT we are committed to high quality services for parents and your leadership will ensure parent experiences, feedback and needs continue to shape our education approach.
Please see the attached job description for further information.
Please apply for the role via our careers page
This role is home based during current restrictions, but as we unlock our services occasional visits to London and / or to our head office, which is based in Clifton, Bristol, BS8 3NG will be required.
We are taking positive action to increase diversity throughout our organisation, at all levels, and to nurture a culture of inclusion for all our people and the parents and families that we support. More details about our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion action can be found at http://bit.ly/3c86BUf.
We are committed to zero discrimination both internally and externally regardless of visible or invisible difference such as sex, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnicity, disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, religion or belief, gender identity, economic class, marital/civil partnership, family status including single parents, socio-economic background and pregnancy and maternity. We provide reasonable adjustments and are committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment process.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 25th March 2021 at 12.00pm
Interviews: Tuesday 30th and Wednesday 31st March 2021. The first stage interviews will be a competency-based panel interview with our Chief Executive, a member of the Senior Leadership Team and a member of our Board of Trustees. Final interviews expected to take place week commencing 12th April and will consist of an assessment alongside a getting to know you interview with other members of the Senior Leadership Team/Board of Trustees.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.