NCT is the UK’s largest charity for parents, providing invaluable support and information for new and expectant parents. We support parents by giving them accurate, impartial information so that they can decide what’s best for their family, and we introduce them to a network of local parents to gain practical and emotional support.
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated people who share our vision and values. Working for the NCT is a rewarding experience. It gives you the opportunity to apply your experience and expertise to help enrich the lives of thousands of parents in the UK. It also offers you the opportunity to develop valuable skills and gain insight into working for a charity in the not-for-profit sector. NCT is committed to positive organisational culture, productive workplace and work-life balance that respects the individual.
We are looking for an excellent communicator to drive the delivery of our technology strategy through first class team leadership, project management and procurement underpinned by a track record of delivering a portfolio of products and services across a range of technologies.
The role is based in Bristol but will require some travel to London, where a number of key stakeholders are based.
Although advertised as a permanent role, we are open to flexible arrangements and this role may be suitable for an individual looking to work 0.8 FTE
You will be:
- responsible for developing and implementing NCT’s technology roadmap this includes:
- supporting the final stages of our Salesforce implementation – by providing Project Management support and establishing the key processes for support and ongoing development.
- developing and managing our support team to provide support across Office365, hardware and voice/video communications.
- ensuring secure and robust hosting arrangements throughout the charity
- ensuring the safeguarding of data across the charity.
- responsible for managing relationships with key technology suppliers including web hosting, web development, CRM development, testing and security.
- responsible for managing the technology team’s budget including monthly reforecasting with the finance team.
- have a solid professional background in a relevant technical discipline (such as software development)
- have demonstrable experience of agile project management
- have the ability to embrace lightweight, modern technology, and also be confident choosing tools/technologies that make everybody’s life easier (we are not looking to re-invent the wheel).
- be quick to understand wider pain points and challenges, and able to connect the dots, prioritise, and steer a team towards a clear end goal.
- have deep knowledge of best practices to help deliver the right products faster (whether working with users and stakeholders, development practices, continuous integration, devops etc.).
- need to be confident and assertive with the ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with people at all levels
- be team orientated and able to maintain positive and supportive relationships with your colleagues at all time as teamwork is essential in this role
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role then please apply now by uploading a copy of your CV and a supporting statement outlining how you meet the requirements of the role when prompted.
Closing date: 18th December
Interviews: week commencing 6th January
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.