Up to £50,000 per annum
Permanent, full time
NCT is the UK’s largest charity for parents, providing invaluable support and information for new and expectant parents. We support parents by giving them accurate, impartial information so that they can decide what’s best for their family, and we introduce them to a network of local parents to gain practical and emotional support.
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated people who share our vision and values. Working for NCT is a rewarding experience. It gives you the opportunity to apply your experience and expertise to help enrich the lives of thousands of parents in the UK. It also offers you the opportunity to develop valuable skills and gain insight into working for a charity in the not-for-profit sector. NCT is committed to positive organisational culture, productive workplace and work-life balance that respects the individual.
You will own the day to day running of the Salesforce system including administration, support and continuous improvement. You will need to have the ability to take on projects and see them through to the finish. Working with and through others will give you space to work both independently and with external partners.
This will involve various different tasks, from speaking with users to understand their needs, researching different approaches, carrying out testing, starting again if something doesn't work, liaising with internal teams, producing training materials when launching new ideas; you take a proactive approach and thrive on responsibility.
It takes drive and commitment to make projects happen in a large organisation, so you should relish the challenge, and value the reward knowing you will empower a more digitally enabled data-savvy organisation and extract maximum value for NCT.
You will be:
- Responsible for the managing the day to day administration of Salesforce:
- user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows, performance monitoring, backups, security and troubleshooting issues.
- Defining and implement best practice standards and guidelines.
- Drive continuous development of Salesforce meeting the evolving needs of the business:
- liaising across areas of the organisation to understand business context for change.
- use internal and external resources to design and deliver system changes.
- Coordinate continuous development, test and integration of new features.
- lead and educate a community of Salesforce champions across departments to improve the usage and adoption of Salesforce functionality.
- provide training and support to end users and develop relevant materials.
You will have:
- a deep understanding of Salesforce Administration and support.
- the proven ability to oversee Salesforce upgrades successfully including regression testing.
- business analyst capabilities, to gather and evaluate requirements and design solutions.
- the mindset to understand, review and resolve complex technical issues.
- a solid professional background in a relevant technical discipline (CRM, software development etc.)
- be confident and assertive with the ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- be organised and methodical with a positive can-do attitude.
See the Job Description for full details of this exciting opportunity.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role of Salesforce Manager, we welcome your application.
Closing Date: 9am 7 June 2020
Interviews expected to be tbc
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.