Content Co-ordination Officer
Department: Standards, Guidance and Learning Department
Location: Home-based (occasional UK travel)
Duration: 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £27,200 - £32000 p.a.
Reporting to: Content Coordination Manager
The National Fire Chiefs Council (NFCC) works with all fire and rescue services and the fire sector across the UK to provide best practice, shared resource and ensure continuous improvement and deliver our charitable aim. We are currently looking for a Content coordinator, to support an extended project and programme lifecycle. The NFCC provides good practice guidance to fire and rescue services through our websites and digital platforms.
The NFCC have delivered a number of products that have moved to Business as Usual which requires ongoing maintenance and review from the Content and Guidance team. This is an exciting new team of dedicated professionals, and we are looking for a talented friendly person to be responsible of the day-to-day management of product portals, facilitation of the Emergency Response Driving Instructor function as well as leading on the coordination of product reviews, ensuring all products continue to remain fit for purpose.
We are looking for professional and enthusiastic individuals to help us achieve our drive to provide excellent service in everything that we do.
As a member of the new Content and Guidance team, you will be responsible for the coordination and facilitation of products and their maintenance
You will work with subject matter experts with in the NFCC and wider fire and rescue services to understand the how the product is being used with in the Fire & Rescue Services.
You will represent the NFCC at meetings and events with a wide range of stakeholders
Desirable qualities include:
· Good report writing skills
· An ability to work with people from different sectors and different levels
· An ability to work proactively as part of a team and on individual responsibilities
· Confidence to express their own view appropriately and constructively challenge
· An attention to detail
· Experience working within project management structures
· Experience organising and running meetings, workshops
Main responsibilities will include:
· Facilitating the implementation of NFCC products used by fire and rescue services.
· On going day to day management of established portals and functions
· Evidence reporting to varying Subject Matter expert groups.
· Coordination support including facilitating workshops, calendar management and logistics
· Leading small teams of Subject Matter Experts to review and maintain products.
· Analysis to support the NFCC continuous improvement cycle and strategic planning activities.
· Communications and engagement, including support to implementation of nationally reviewed produced products
· Collaboration with existing project teams and business hubs to deliver product reviews to an agreed plan.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a supporting statement by 10th December 2023.
Your supporting statement should set out your relevant knowledge, skills and experience against the job description. It should be no more than two sides of A4.
NFCC is committed to being an inclusive employer. We comply with the Equality Act 2010, and we believe that everyone deserves to work in safe environments that are free from bullying, harassment and discrimination, abuse, and harm, where they feel supported, welcome, and able to thrive.
NFCC acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard, protect and promote the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice, all staff are expected to share this commitment.