Do you have a passion for writing? Can you adapt your writing style to suit internal communications, corporate publications and social media? Looking for a place where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference?
NFER is a not for profit charity with a worldwide reputation as a leading independent provider of education research and analysis.
Joining as a Communications Officer, you’ll be part of the team who play a pivotal role in increasing the awareness of NFER and the impact of its work. The team oversees the internal and external communications strategy, engaging with policy makers and education experts as well as ensuring our colleagues are kept well informed.
Your focus will be to plan and deliver a wide range of high-quality and appropriately targeted communications content for both internal and external NFER audiences. From working on NFER’s corporate communications material to implementing our internal communications plan, dealing with journalists and working with colleagues in our International team to identify opportunities to support visibility and business development activity - you’ll be turning your creative writing skills to developing case studies, brochures, social media content, editing blogs, new stories, website and intranet updates, press releases, event material and video content.
You’ll be a self-starter whose proactive nature means you’ll seek out opportunities to communicate and deliver meaningful content. To be successful in the role you’ll have;
- exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- experience of writing for a range of audiences and channels.
- knowledge of creative design, video and print production processes.
- a professional approach to working with internal teams as a communications expert.
- strong communication skills and be flexible and creative.
- strong organisational and project management skills.
- experience of media liaison.
- and ideally you'll have some experience of briefing and working with creative agencies and third-party suppliers.
You don’t need to have our industry experience as we will teach you that. It’s likely though that you would have had some experience in a similar positions as a communications executive, internal communications executive, comms officer, press officer, as a blogger or content writer or editor.
As a registered charity that has contributed evidence, in-depth knowledge, and research expertise to support the creation of an excellent education for all children and young people for over seventy years - Improving the lives of children and young people is at the heart of everything we do.
- Competitive salary £30,000 - £35,000
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking in modern offices based in Slough on 5 acres of green park land
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance and flexible working options
Initial closing date is midnight 16th May 2021, we wil still be accepting application after this date until the position is filled.
This role is initially a 1 year fixed term contract. Our teams are currently working from home, when we return to the office the role will require some weekly attendance in the Slough office.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community. So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge apply via the button shown.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.