Role is located in Slough (however we are open to discussing flexible working options)
Do you have experience in Agresso? Know how to run a payroll and have PAYE tax knowledge? If so, come and join NFER as our Financial Controller and make a positive, lasting impact with a leading educational charity.
As the Financial Controller, you’ll ensure the information that goes into the ERP is current and correct. You’ll develop the roadmap for the system including future plans to move it to the cloud, and you’ll make it easier to get information out, improve reporting and support the business with its wider decision making.
Joining a friendly team of finance professionals and working alongside a Financial Accountant and Management Accountant, your role will report into the Commercial Director and supervise the work of the Senior Finance Officer and his team, covering all the core systems such as payroll, purchasing, sales, invoices and the preparation and processing of the monthly account.
Your technical background:
- Be ACA or CIMA qualified or have relevant job experience
- Working knowledge of Agresso
- Experienced in PAYE, payroll specifically plus broad practical knowledge of accounting systems
- Advanced computer software skills including Excel macros
- Highly numerate, with good attention to detail matched with strong analytical skills
We’re eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as a System Accountant using U4BW/Agresso.
With a 70-year history, NFER is an independent and highly respected charity that carries out research within education. Our robust and innovative research, assessment, and other services are widely known and used. We have a reputation as an organisation that informs policy and practice, helping to ensure the best possible education for children and young people.
- Competitive salary of £42,746 - £48,109
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 42 days per year comprising 30 days’ holiday and four additional discretionary days, in addition to Bank Holidays
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance with a focus on wellbeing and social activities
Located close to Windsor and Slough town centre, we offer a pleasant office environment surrounded by green space that’s just a 15 minute train ride from London Paddington and an easy drive from the M4 and M40.
Initial closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 11th October 2020, after this date if the advert is still live on our careers site please do apply.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
To join us as our Financial Controller, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.