NFER’s people are key to its mission and our sense of community has always been strong. Over the past couple of years we have been transitioning the work we do and how we do it including introducing hybrid working, digital transformation and entering new markets.
This is a new role with the purpose to develop and deliver a comprehensive internal communications strategy which reflects NFERs strategic objectives and provides all staff and stakeholders with regular, meaningful, and consistent information about activity across the organisation.
You’ll develop and utilise a range of communication channels - such as staff briefings and employee newsletters as well as seek out how new ways to enable employees to easily connect with and access information, share knowledge and experience and feel fully engaged in the organisation. You’ll be key to supporting the ambition that NFER acts and operates as ‘one community’.
Reporting to the Head of Communications you’ll work closely with other team leaders in the communications department, the Director of Communications, the Head of HR and Organisational Development and other senior leaders from across the Foundation.
- Positive, proactive, engaging and passionate about NFER’s mission.
- Previous extensive experience of internal communications.
- Experience of writing and editing in print and on-line.
- Experience of writing for a range of audiences.
- Excellent at building deep relationships at all levels of an organisation with a high standard of written and verbal communications skills with experience of copywriting.
- Experience of organising and planning internal communications campaigns, events and activities which are time critical and relationship dependent.
- Has experience of working in a PR or communications environment with excellent understanding of corporate communications challenges and objectives.
- Excellent marketing and communications skills across a range of channels, specifically face-to-face, social media, email, and events.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage a busy workload.
- Quality focused with excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive with good time-management and organisational skills.
- Microsoft Office literate and confident working with digital marketing and internal communication platforms.
At NFER, our mission is to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere and to support positive change across education systems worldwide. We do this by creating and sharing research evidence and insights on education policy and practice, informing policymakers and other key decision makers, and strengthening practice in the classroom.
- Salary £45,000 - £50,000 DOE
- Generous pension scheme
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days (pro rata)
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance and lots of flexibility
- UK based and UK Skilled Worker sponsorship
- Plus lots of well-being and social activities
Initial closing dates for applications will be midnight on 16th May 2022
You’ll be linked to either our Slough or York office with minimal requirement for office-based days meaning you can choose to work at home, from the office or a mix of the two to enable you to work as effectively as you can.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you’re looking for a place where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference, we want to hear from you. Apply via the button shown.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.