Learning and Development Advisor
Does the ability to shape Learning and Development activity for an organisation excite you? Are you motivated by the opportunity to lead the effective design, implementation and delivery of the full training cycle? Do you want to grow and develop in an organisation which is seeking to enhance its learning offering, if so then NFER could be the place for you?
NFER is a leading educational research charity operating in the UK and internationally. Our mission is to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere and to support positive change across education systems. As the L&D Advisor, you will work with the Talent Development Business Partner to provide a professional, proactive, and effective learning, training and development service to all employees within the Foundation.
You will engage with stakeholders at all levels to identify learning and development needs including offering advice on external training opportunities. Understanding departmental needs to ensure that all interventions will add value. You will manage relationships with our training providers and internal teams to facilitate and coordinate a range of learning activities within the Foundation including face-to-face, virtual and hybrid delivery, and eLearning. Working closely with the Talent Development Business Partner, you will develop and deliver a new management training programme and support with the implementation of a modern Talent Management Platform.
There will be some administration in this role, but you will have the opportunity to review L&D processes and automate to maximise efficiency and provide a high-quality colleague experience. We are a developing department, which means this is a great time to join as you’ll have the opportunity to support and make an impact in the modernisation of our HR function.
For this role you’ll need to be focused on providing lasting learning outcomes for our colleagues and have the ability to support in developing the skills NFER needs for the future.
We are looking for someone who can bring the following:
• CIPD Level 5 Qualified, in either HR or L&D or other relevant qualifications
• Proven L&D experience in a range of design and delivery methods (eLearning, face-to-face and virtual)
• Experience of working in a medium/large organisation
• Experience using a Learning Management System, plus knowledge and experience of using Articulate and Udutu eLearning authoring tool would be an advantage
• Competitive salary £32,000 – £35,000
• Generous pension scheme
• Hybrid working (home and Slough office)
• 42 days of holiday per year, including Bank Holidays and additional discretionary days
• Support for professional development
• Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
You will be home flexible, which means you can work from home or from our office in Slough, surrounded by five acres of green land, located close to Windsor.
If you’re looking for a place where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference, we want to hear from you. Apply via the button shown.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.