NFER is a not-for-profit, independent provider of education research and insights. In our seventy-five years we have built up a strong reputation and are a leading voice on the big issues and important questions happening within education today. Our mission is to generate evidence that can be used to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere, and to support positive change across the education system.
We are recruiting two roles to lead the development on key areas of research within education:
1) Optimal Pathways: exploring education to employment and social mobility
2) UK Systems and Structures: exploring school funding and accountability
As one of the Development Leads, we’ll give you the freedom to think and space to expand your understanding of the key issues and interests of decision makers and practitioners within your portfolio area. Be it leading development activity on improving social mobility, educational outcomes, and later careers, or leading on the structure of the education system that affects the quality of education that children receive including school funding and accountability. You’ll become NFER’s expert with a detailed understanding of the available data sources / evidence, and how this can be exploited to address arising issues and fill pressing evidence gaps.
Your enquiring mind will expand the business portfolio, by identifying and championing potential new opportunities and driving these forward to secure new contracts for research that addresses the evidence needs of policy makers, practitioners and clients. You’ll work collaboratively across the Foundation to take high-level ideas and turn them into projects and outputs contributing to NFER’s strategy, voice, reputation and impact, leading to revenue growth across your portfolio.
You don’t need to have a background in education policy as we know with the right set of skills you’ll develop this. To be successful in this role you will need to;
- be educated to at least Masters level in a economics or similar field or with relevant work experience.
- experience of developing an existing or new area of business and achieving strong outcomes
- have a strong background in research with a particular focus on quantitative methodologies and comfortable with data, statistics and other evidence
- a strong communicator with experience of working with senior stakeholders and building relationships
- a strategic, creative and innovative thinker
You may have held similar roles such as Economist, Senior Education Professional, Senior Economist, Senior Research Manager, Senior Social Policy Analyst, Senior Policy Advisor, Education Consultant, Senior Development Consultant, Senior Manager, Business Development Manager.
- Competitive salary based on skills and experiences (£50,000 - £60,000)
- Generous pension scheme
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Free parking in private modern offices on five acres of green park land
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hour working week)
Our teams are currently working from home and we are open to exploring flexible and remote working options.
Applications to be submitted by midnight 6th June 2021
Open to visa sponsorship.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community. So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge apply via the button shown.