We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Manager to join our team on a hybrid working basis with 2 days a week based at NGA’s office in Birmingham and 3 days working remotely. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £34,000 - £37,000 per annum depending on experience.
National Governance Association is the only national membership organisation for school governors and trustees in England, and we work to improve the effectiveness of governing boards in both maintained schools and academies. As such it is the first port of call for many of the policymakers in the education sector who wish to understand the governor's view. We pride ourselves on our expertise and the quality of our products and services. Alongside our memberships, NGA offers training, e-learning, and consultancy.
As our HR Manager, you will lead on Human Resources within NGA, including responsibility for the employee life cycle, HR operations, earning & development, and advice and guidance.
Benefits of joining us:
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days (FTE) increasing to 27 with continuous service, 8 days bank holiday with the ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Employer contribution pension scheme at 7%
- Hybrid working (between our Birmingham office and home working) and other flexible working arrangements on request
- Wellbeing support through our employee assistance programme
- A healthy training and development budget (CPD) with a wide range of learning and development opportunities
- A commitment to environmental sustainability includes a cycle-to-work scheme and encouragement to use public transport, including railcards
Key responsibilities of our HR Manager will include:
- Maintaining the staff handbook through the periodic review and development of HR policies and procedures to ensure they are fit for purpose and are compliant with employment legislation and best practice
- Ensuring accuracy and confidentiality of all employee personal data and ensuring this data is maintained on all relevant HR and payroll systems
- Working closely with the Head of Finance to ensure timely reporting of staff salaries, any changes, new starters, and leavers
- Providing HR support to internal and external investigating officers in the management of casework
- Providing advice and support to SLT and Line Managers on disciplinary or grievance issues, note-taking, and tracking all relevant paperwork
- Coordinating and supporting managers with the annual review process, ensuring timelines and processes are clear, support with any training needed to run reviews effectively
- Coordinating and supporting managers with the performance management process
- Supporting the Board of Trustees HR Officers Group and providing reporting information as required
- Assisting with the development, implementation, and maintenance of HR systems and processes
- Coordinating learning and development across the organisation and implementing an annual training plan, assisting managers to identify CPD requirements in line with business goals
What we’re looking for in our ideal HR Manager:
- CIPD at a minimum level 5 or working towards
- Experience of working with HR information systems, as well as good all round IT skills
- Substantial experience in a generalist HR role including resourcing strategies and employee relations
- Experience of acting as the first point of call for managers and staff to provide support and advice around HR processes/policies
- Up-to-date knowledge of employment law and HR best practice
- Up to date on employment law
- Ability to connect with people face to face as well as communicate in writing
- Ability to deliver excellence in HR-related matters, maintaining your own workload, ensuring you provide an accurate and timely service to the managers and employees
- A demonstrable commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion with experience of supporting the delivery of an EDI strategy
Closing Date: 9am, Friday 22nd July 2022
Interview Date: Wednesday 27th July 2022
NGA are actively recruiting for this position and may contact shortlisted candidates prior to the published closing date so early applications are encouraged.
If you feel that you are the right candidate for the role as our HR Manager or would like to find out more information about the role, then please click ‘apply’ now. We’d love to hear from you.