We are currently looking for an ambitious and experienced individual to join our team at a very exciting time for NGA as we develop a stronger regional presence in the North-East. You will be required to work remotely and join us on a part-time, permanent basis with the exact days and hours to be negotiated, with some evening and weekend work. In return, you will receive a competitive starting salary of £38,000 per annum pro-rata depending on experience.
National Governance Association is the only national membership organisation for school governors and trustees in England, and we work to improve the effectiveness of governing boards in both maintained schools and academies. As such it is the first port of call for many of the policymakers in the education sector who wish to understand the governor's view. We pride ourselves on our expertise and the quality of our products and services. Alongside our memberships, NGA offers training, e-learning and consultancy.
Benefits of joining us:
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (holidays will increase after 3 years and 6 years of service)
- 7% employer contribution pension
As our Regional Development Lead for the North East, you will improve school and trust governance by extending the use of all NGA resources and expertise.
Key responsibilities of our Regional Development Lead will include:
• Understanding the local and regional challenges and needs of governing boards, clerks and governance professionals in the region, and applying this intelligence to offer appropriate NGA support to members in the local areas and regions
• Encouraging and supporting local governance associations to form and sustain themselves
• Speaking at local and regional events on governance and presenting workshops, in person and virtually
• Develop and maintain key regional partnerships and relationships through relationship building, identifying opportunities to develop relationships and ensuring new opportunities develop into longer-term partnerships for NGA
• Securing new business and ensuring the current business is retained for a specified region
• Taking ownership of financial targets for membership and Learning Link in the region
What we’re looking for in our ideal Regional Development Lead:
• In-depth understanding of school and trust governance In England
• Understanding of relevant regional and local public sector services and structures, in particular as relevant to education
• Understanding of marketing and promotions strategies.
• Proven track record in business and partnership development,
• Proven track record of building effective relationships with a wide range of individuals and partner organisations,
• Experience of delivering governance development sessions to a wide variety of audiences,
• Experience of creating offers to meet partners requirements,
• Experience of training delivery
Closing Date: 5pm, Monday 1st November 2021
Interview Date: Monday 15th November 2021
If you feel that you are the right candidate for the role as our Regional Development Lead or would like to find out more information about the role, then please click ‘apply’ now. We’d love to hear from you.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.