Do you want to join a passionate team help improve the health and wealth of the nation?
The National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) is a large, multifaceted organisation funded through the Department of Health and Social Care. Our team in Twickenham support the most integrated clinical and social care research system in the world, driving research from bench to bedside for the benefit of patients.
We are looking to employ experienced and motivated professionals within our Grant Management Group to manage a number of NIHR programmes within clinical and applied health research. These programmes drive the delivery of research breakthroughs into life saving treatments for patients, driving innovation and enabling the UK’s international competitiveness in crucial areas of experimental medicine and applied health.
The Programme Manager role is critical in supporting Senior Research Programme Managers across the process of research management, from launching new calls for applications through to the active monitoring of funded projects.
- Supporting all aspects of research funding
- Reviewing the scientific, technical and clinical rationale
- Evaluation of proposed IP protection
- Negotiating funding agreements for recommended projects
- Managing a portfolio of funded projects
- Liaising regularly with internal and external stakeholders
- Degree in life or social sciences or equivalent research experience
- Background in biomedical, health, social science or health and social care research
- Experience of working in a research or evidence driven environment, either in academia or industry
- Experience or awareness of commercially focused research or the commercialisation of research
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills from liaising with internal and external stakeholders and communities
- Well developed analytical and complex problem solving skills, with a solution based approach
- Excellent IT skills
Role Details & Benefits
Salary: £36,500 - £42,500, depending on experience
Wide range of core benefits
Hours: 0900 to 1730 Mon to Fri
Location: Twickenham / Hybrid Remote
Interested in learning more about these exciting positions with the UK's largest and most prestigious funder of research, please submit a cover letter and CV and one of the team will be in touch.
For more information about this exciting role with the LGC Group part of the NIHR, a global life science tools company, providing mission-critical components and solutions into high-growth application areas across the human healthcare and applied market segments, please go to our website, at LGC Group.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.