The National Institute of Economic and Social Research is Britain’s oldest, and one of its most prestigious independent research institutes. We specialise in applied social and economic research, combining high academic standards with relevance to policy making. We work with government departments, charitable foundations, central banks and the private sector so that our research delivers real impact and makes a difference to everyday lives. Our reputation for quality and independence, and unrivalled location at the heart of Westminster makes us the ideal place to bring about this change.
We are seeking an Events Assistant to join the External Affairs team. The purpose of the role is to be the principal point of contact for all events hosted by NIESR, ensuring that they are professionally organised and fulfil all objectives set. Operating as a core member of the External Affairs team, this role will support the Partnerships and Impact Manager as well as working with the wider team to ensure that each event is a success and positively contributes to the wider departmental and organisational strategy.
The essential requirements we are looking for in the successful candidate are:
- Working as part of a team to organise and deliver in person events
- Working as part of a team to organise and deliver virtual events especially via zoom.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with a broad spectrum of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to managing multiple competing priorities while meeting deadlines and objectives
- Working independently and as part of a team to achieve specific outcomes.
- Strong knowledge of the main packages within MS Office 365, including MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Teams.
To apply for this role, please send a supporting statement of no more than 1500 words setting how you meet the essential requirements outlined in the advert, along with your CV. In your supporting statement, please number each point and address these one at a time to ensure that we are able to fully consider how your experience, skills and abilities meet the essential criteria. Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of the role.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 31st October and interviews will be held week commencing 8th November.