The National Migraine Centre is the only national charity that provides clinical treatments for migraine sufferers and cluster headache patients. We are a Centre of Excellence which has been in operation for over 40 years, with a current turnover of £400k, an administrative staff of six with nine clinicians.
Our goal is to help our patients regain control of their lives, to manage this condition rather than allowing it to dictate their life. We get excellent patient feedback, with many citing their treatment at the Centre as life changing.
Due to the retirement of our current CEO, we are looking for a new Chief Executive. You will be joining us at an exciting and challenging period in our development. We are currently only seeing a fraction of the headache and migraine sufferers in the UK who could potentially be treated. We wish to grow further the impact of the charity, but this brings challenges, particularly in the current environment. Working with the Board of Trustees, the post holder will shape the strategic direction of the NMC and lead the charity into its next phase of development and growth.
Over the last few months, the team has successfully pivoted our services to be almost entirely remote, whilst maintaining excellent patient feedback. The new Chief Executive will need to grow the organisation, maintain quality and look at new operating models. You will need to have excellent people and leadership skills to manage our diverse stakeholders. You will have a willingness to get involved in all aspects to the operations and take a hands-on approach when required. The NMC remains a small charity and therefore you will need to focus on current operations as well as future growth.
We are looking for someone with:
- Substantial leadership experience within the healthcare sector, ideally NHS and charity exposure.
- An understanding of the issues involved in running a small charity and willingness to get involved in all aspects of the Centre’s work.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be an effective spokesperson for the Centre
- Financial and budgetary management experience.
- Experience of the NHS Commissioning process and working with Clinical Commissioning Groups would be ideal.
- Excellent people skills to motivate a small team of staff to grow the organisation.
- An affinity with the plight of headache and migraine sufferers and a passion for the National Migraine Centre’s mission to support their needs.
Please see the attached application pack.
Location: currently home working, but normally office-based in London, UK
Hours: currently full time but consideration given to part time
How to apply: Please click on the 'Apply with CharityJob' button to submit your CV and covering letter. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be accepted.
Closing date: 11.30pm 11th December 2020
Interview date: week commencing 14th December
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.