This is an exciting position for an exceptional communicator with digital skills who wants to work for a high-profile campaigning NGO.
Our members and supporters are at the heart of our organisation. As our digital comms officer you will oversee and deliver the membership and supporter journey to engage and retain our existing members and supporter base and grow our movement by driving acquisition of new members. You will also enhance the National Secular Society's reputation and profile through social media and digital engagement.
The National Secular Society is a leading voice campaigning for a secular state and has a distinguished history and track record of challenging religious privilege. We are seeking to significantly grow our reach, membership, support base and campaigns through digital channels. The central objective of the role is to produce original, persuasive digital content and deploy it across multiple channels.
The ideal candidate will be able to produce creative social media content; explore new and innovative techniques; be self-motivated, able to work by themselves as well as collaborate with colleagues. You will be flexible, diligent, able to effectively manage a busy schedule.
You will be based in our new central London office in Holborn, working as part of a small, friendly team. Employees are required to be in the office for two core days with flexibility outside of these.
If you're passionate and committed to the National Secular Society's mission, we'd love to hear from you.
- Ability to produce visual content and create engaging messaging for a variety of audiences and across multiple digital channels
- Ability to write persuasive copy
- Experience in digital communications, campaigns or marketing
- Strong understanding of social media, particularly Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube including best practice and trends
- Ability to monitor trends and identify creative opportunities that support campaign objectives.
- Ability to monitor and analyse performance data
- Strong organisational skills with ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Friendly, positive and adaptable team player
- Interest in secularism and the intersection of religion and human rights
- Knowledge of membership organisations
- Proficient in production of graphics and video content; use of image, video and audio editing software.
- Experience of CRM Software and website CMS
- Maintain the Society's social media platforms and generate greater reach of our campaigns and messages.
- Create new social media content, including videos and graphics.
- Build, edit and send bulk e-communications and other supporter journey engagement, as required.
- Oversee and ensure best practice in email content, testing, delivery and response rates.
- Develop, write and deliver engaging supporter journey plans that enable NSS members and supporters to feel valued and take part in campaigns.
- To drive growth of NSS membership through email, organic and paid social media advertising, through local groups and at events.
- identify opportunities and initiatives to improve member satisfaction.
- Manage the NSS website structure.
- Create, upload and edit content.
- Work with colleagues to ensure all content is kept up-to-date.
- Contribute to press releases and press strategies.
- Develop and ensure delivery of NSS digital strategy and communications calendar, encompassing social media, website, and email, working closely with the team.
- Provide reports on website, email and social media performance.
- Monitor trends, sector standards and advise on new digital initiatives