The National Trust protects and cares for places so people and nature can thrive. Many millions share the belief that nature, beauty and history are for everyone. So we look after the nation’s coastline, historic sites, countryside and green spaces, ensuring everyone benefits.
We’re looking for a talented leader to join our Digital team as Head of Innovation Development. The National Trust is a well-loved brand and we need someone who can deliver innovation development within a traditional working environment, as well as provide unique new ways of engaging with technology.
The salary for this position is £70,000 - £75,000 pa, plus we offer a generous benefits package.
What it's like to work here
We’re bigger than you think, we’re more complicated than we appear and we’re larger scale than you’d imagine. We’ve got passionate people in all our teams, and we’ve got so much more we want to achieve. We’re for ever, for everyone and we really mean that. We don’t want to stop at 5.5 million members and we want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to our places, so we need to reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them without losing the hearts and minds of those that are already with us.
Our central head, office Heelis, is situated in Swindon, Wiltshire. We're well placed, with ample parking nearby, a shopping outlet with plenty of options for places to eat, and the town centre only a 10-minute walk away. Alternatively, you can enjoy our open plan atrium space for lunch times, with our internal café available every day.
What you'll be doing
The role has a professional basis within technology and the ideal candidate will have depth and breadth of experience in digital innovation. Equally as important is the ability to lead a transformational culture within the Digital Team. You'll be responsible for Digital Products and User Experience across the whole of the Trust and therefore will have fluency in leading collaborative teams across functions.
Who we're looking for
- Ability and evidence of developing and leading thriving team cultures.
- Ability to shape and direct a “digital first” strategy which engages supporters, inspires colleagues and is cost effective.
- Digital leadership fluency – digital products, development, user experience and ideally AI.
- Confidence in managing delivery through indirect teams and cross functional working groups.
- Evidences high impact ways of working to time and budget.
- Identifies with the brand values of the National Trust.
Benefits of working at the National Trust
- Flexible working whenever possible.
- Free parking at most locations.
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18).
- Generous annual leave.
- Subsidised health cash plan.
- Free 24-hour support service.
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary.
- Training & Development tailored to you.
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
To find out more and apply for this role, please click Apply and fill out the application on our website.
Closing date: 24th January 2021
Interview dates: 22nd and 29th January 2021