National Ugly Mugs (NUM)
POST National Ugly Mugs – Executive Administrative Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO NUM Chief Operating Officer
RESPONSIBLE FOR n/a
SALARY & HOURS OF WORK
- Part time – 3 days (22.5 hrs) Per Week
- Salary: £15,600 pro rata (£26,000 FTE)
- Annual Leave Entitlement - 19 days
- Pension: Work place pension contributions of 8% per month will be paid by NUM
LOCATION OF THE POST HOLDER
The post holder will be based at the NUM offices in Central Manchester. The post may involve some travel throughout the UK and occasional work out of office hours.
Through effective execution of wide-ranging and multi-faceted duties, this position supports the executive team in the implementation of the charity's strategies. The position is part time (3 days/22.5 hrs) per week and reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The responsibilities of the role will require you to work closely with other teams across the organisation but specifically to support the executive team (CEO and COO) functions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Academic and/or experience to demonstrate a strong intelligence, combined with good awareness of practicalities in administrative support.
- Understanding of the diversity of sex work and a sensitivity of the complexities of violence against sex workers alongside an awareness of sex worker rights and issues. Experiences in and from sex industries is an asset.
- NUM is a digital charity and therefore IT skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, alongside a commitment to fully embrace digital as an integral part of day to day working.
- Experience and skills in the use of communication tools and social media along with an understanding of its impacts.
- Knowledge and understanding of HR policies and procedures.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND STRENGTHS:
- Keen ability to work independently, show initiative and take ownership over tasks;
- Natural problem-solver with a bias to action;
- Excellent judgement, poise and professionalism, and ability to represent the charity to external partners;
- Able to prioritise and support tasks across work teams and meet deadlines when there are competing interests and time constraints;
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work in teams but can be self-directed and an independent thinker;
- Drive to see what is coming around the next corner and plan for what ifs;
- Ability to understand the importance of confidentiality and maintain this to a high level;
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new tasks when required;
- Resourceful, able to deliver with limited resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Executive Team Support
- Support the executive team in scheduling and prioritising a complex calendar comprised of varied and frequently shifting commitments.
- Anticipate, plan and support the executive team for upcoming meetings, events, and other calendar commitments.
- Support the executive team in creating and editing documents and presentations.
- Arrange executive travel, create detailed travel itineraries and process resulting expense reports.
- Provide support in responding to communication for the executive team where appropriate including social media.
- Provide administrative support for the Research and Development team meetings and events.
- Compile,distribute and track reports, brochures, invitations and other communications to support stakeholder engagement.
- Support and track communications with stakeholders, external partners and funders.
Human Resources Support
- Knowledge of HR legislation… Prepare, maintain and securely file staff employment records.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and ensure security of personal information (including that of trustees).
- Induct new staff to office systems, procedures and the office environment (and make the necessary arrangements, such as closing their IT accounts, when staff leave).
- Develop and maintain files of organisational HR policies, directing staff to them as appropriate, including the development of a comprehensive P&P manual.
- Support line managers as required in the development and roll out of new or revised organisational policies
- Support in staff recruitment processes, eg posting job advertisements, collating applications, arranging interviews, etc
- Management of HR software programs and other software tools.
Finance Administration Support
- Support the Finance and Fund Development Coordinator in the execution of the charity finances and the administration of funding applications and reporting deadlines.
- Manage the administration of payroll and some other financial duties under direction from the COO.
Additionally, you will be required to provide cover for other administrative roles that support other teams.
If you are passionate about ending violence against sex workers and support the full decriminalization of sex work we would love you to join us. We expect our staff team to hold true to our core values of compassion, contribution, integrity and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply please send your CV (3 pages maximum) and cover letter (4 pages maximum) by 5pm on Monday the 5th August 2019 through the Charity Jobs website or call the main office for alternative ways to apply. Your cover letter should set out why you are interested in the post and demonstrate with specific examples from your experience and qualifications how you are the right person for this role. Please also include 2 references (including your most recent employer) and an indication of when they can be contacted.
We will contact successful applicants by 5pm on Friday the 9th August 2019 and interviews will take place on Friday the 16th August 2019 at our head office in Central Manchester. Please note that if you do not hear from us by 5pm on the 9th August you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application this time. Due to limited capacity we are not able to make contact with unsuccessful interview applicants.
Monday 5th August 2019 @ 5pm - closing date and time for applications
Friday the 9th August 2019 @ 5pm - successful candidates notified by this date and time
Friday the 16th August 2019 - Interview day (the interview date is fixed and non-negotiable and candidates must be able to attend in person).
Start date for this role is ASAP
Further information visit our website.
If you have any specific access requirements or any questions in relation to the role please contact:
Kerri Swindells - Chief Operations Officer by calling our main office for contact details
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.