Location: Flexible - Homebased three days a week and Cheltenham office two days a week (approximately).
Full-time, permanent position – 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. We are also open to job-share and candidates who wish to work more flexibly, such as a shorter working day as a part-time role.
Salary: Circa £25K pro rata depending upon experience
Closing date: Tuesday 8th February 2022
Love animals? Love marketing? An exciting opportunity has arisen at Naturewatch Foundation to play a key role in raising public awareness of the charity’s campaigns to improve the lives of animals.
Summary of role
Coordinate and deliver the charity’s marketing strategy, maintenance of website content and data management. Working closely with the CEO, Communications Coordinator and other team members, raise the profile of Naturewatch Foundation and its animal welfare work using a full range of digital and traditional marketing techniques to grow reach and increase supporter engagement. Good knowledge of issues surrounding animal welfare and experience of working in the charity/voluntary sector would be an advantage.
- Day to day management of Naturewatch Foundation, Compassionate Shopping Guide and World Animal Day websites, including updating, monitoring and improving pages
- Design and build pages and forms for new campaign projects or content including e-actions
- Use Google Analytics to create reports and make recommendations
- Liaise with web developers to fix bugs or to implement new functions within CMS
- Research and liaise with website design agencies to oversee construction of new websites when required
- Undertake marketing and brand building initiatives, identify, and develop new ideas into an effective marketing strategy
- Assist and support the production and dissemination of publications including fundraising mailings, the Annual Review, membership updates, and liaising with printers, mailing house, agencies and other third parties as necessary
- Maintain and sort supporter data to enable distribution of e-newsletters and printed mailings working with the Administration Officer
- Take overall responsibility for the charity’s marketing calendar
- Assist with copywriting, proofing, tone of voice checks and branding across marketing materials
- Identify, coordinate and attend events to support the charity’s profile
- Assist in coordinating the World Animal Day global movement
- Assist with office duties as needed; including coordinating volunteers, answering the telephone and ensuring the office is manned as needed
- Monitor and record Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Be proactive, self-starting and able to act on own initiative where necessary
Experience and skills required:
- A working knowledge of content management systems with experience of designing creative, attractive and engaging web content using Wordpress and Elementor (desirable). The position holder will be expected to make edits and updates to the website on a daily basis
- Sound knowledge of integrated websites and willingness to learn Customer Relationship Management systems (CRMs) such as Salesforce
- Good understanding of supporter/customer acquisition, retention and customer/ supporter journeys
- Sound knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and AdWords
- Excellent writing and editorial skills.
- Understanding and experience of website usability and accessibility best practice.
- Experience of using website analytics to understand customer behaviour.
- Ability to accurately summarise and convey complex information to a diverse audience
- Experience of project management to deliver successful digital solutions
- Good knowledge of Excel
- A good understanding of issues around GDPR and data management
- Photo and video editing skills/experience would be advantageous
- Positive can-do attitude – able to work flexibly and cooperatively as part of a small team
- Excellent time management skills
- Marketing training, a marketing degree or degree with applicable marketing modules or appropriate marketing career experience is desirable
- Willing to: cover annual leave for relevant roles and attend meetings/events when required; work overtime occasionally; carry out any other reasonable tasks asked of you; travel to office in central Cheltenham at least two days a week
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your relevant experience and skills and stating why you would like the position to the Chief Executive, Sarah Carr.
Closing Date: Tuesday 8th February 2022, although we might interview candidates that are a strong match before the closing date.
Find out more about Naturewatch Foundation via the website.
Naturewatch Foundation is a charity registered in England and Wales 1039679
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.