Title: Partnerships & Membership Senior Officer
Contract Type: Employee, full time
Contract Duration: Permanent
Reporting to: Partnerships & Business Development Manager
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: London or Geneva – with a combination of home-based and office working (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
Application Deadline: 17 July 2022
- Are you a successful negotiator and networker with a strong track record of cultivating and managing partnerships?
- Do you have a passion for global health and development, improving the lives of people everywhere, and holding governments accountable for their commitments?
- Would you like to be part of a dynamic and impactful global NGO seeking to ensure people everywhere can enjoy a life free from preventable suffering and death due to noncommunicable diseases like cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, lung disease and mental health conditions?
About the NCD Alliance
The NCD Alliance (NCDA) is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) based in Geneva, Switzerland, dedicated to supporting a world free from preventable suffering, disability and death caused by noncommunicable diseases (NCDs). Founded in 2009, NCDA brings together a unique network of over 290 members in more than 80 countries into a respected, united and credible global civil society movement. As a respected and united global civil society movement, NCDA also convenes a global network of national and regional NCD alliances in over 65 countries that unite the key NCD civil society organisations to drive forward advocacy on priority NCD issues, in particular with governments. As an alliance, we unite and combine the efforts of our global founding federations, members and partners on issues which together we can achieve more than any individual organisation can alone. The movement is unified by the cross-cutting nature of common risk factors including unhealthy diets, harmful use of alcohol, tobacco use, air pollution and physical inactivity, and systems challenges which contribute to chronic NCDs such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, chronic lung disease, diabetes, mental health conditions and neurological disorders.
Over the last decade, NCDA has built a reputation as a global leader in NCD advocacy and policy with a track record in delivering results and grounding global advocacy in the reality of the local experience. Building on its technical knowledge on key NCD policy issues and its global network of experts to draw from, NCDA has also developed a unique expertise in supporting national advocacy via its flagship capacity development programmes.
As a global alliance and membership-based organisation with a mission to unite and strengthen civil society to stimulate action on NCDs, engagement, coalition-building and partnerships have always been in the DNA of NCDA’s approach and work. NCDA’s vision, mission and organisational structure have strategically positioned the organisation to engage with a wide range of organisations which share its goals. NCDA partners with 29 organisations that span multilateral agencies, governments, academia, foundations, and relevant private sector entities to further its ability to support the NCD community and drive impact on a global scale. As members of NCDA’s Supporters Group, NCDA partners have access to a range of benefits, including opportunities for coordination and engagement on global NCD issues and implementation strategies. More information about NCDA’s Supporters Group and partners can be found here.
We are looking for a Partnerships & Membership Senior Officer to join our dynamic team of 25 staff located across 3 offices (Geneva, London, and New York). The Partnerships and Membership team encompasses 4 staff members and the Senior Officer will report to NCDA’s Senior Partnerships and Business Development Manager.
The Partnerships and Membership Senior Officer will support the strategic growth of NCDA’s partnerships and membership in line with NCDA’s new strategy 2021-2026. The role will be responsible for supporting NCDA’s strategic engagement with NGOs and overseeing the delivery of related work plans, key activities and products (including via NCDA’s Supporters Group), supporting membership outreach strategies and delivery, reporting and M&E processes and business development.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates passionate about global health and multisectoral action to work for a respected civil society organisation and engage with a range of stakeholders such as corporates, foundations, development agencies and NGOs.
Main duties and responsibilities
The main responsibilities for the role are:
- Support stakeholder relationships and strategic engagement with NCDA’s existing NGO partners, coordinate activities of the NCDA Supporters Group and business development with existing and new sectors.
- Lead and manage NCDA’s portfolio of strategic partnerships with NGOs, including by setting clear partnership benefits, managing the delivery and reporting on bilateral plans and activities with NGO partners, maintaining constructive relationships and proactively seeking alignment across our partnerships.
- Coordinate NCDA’s partnerships and strategic collaborations across the global health and sustainable development community, strengthening existing partnerships and forging new ones that raise the profile of NCDs and promote win-win solutions for health and development.
- Support the delivery of NCDA Supporters Group’s plans and activities, ensuring opportunities for the group to facilitate connections, share good practice and guidance on partnerships and providing platforms for knowledge exchange.
- Support NCDA’s business development to diversify partnership base, including drafting concept notes, proposals and budgets for new partnerships and programmes.
- Support monitoring, evaluation and reporting of NCDA’s partnership to assess impact, results and learning – particularly with regard to NGOs.
- Coordinate across the NCDA team (particularly working with Policy and Advocacy, and Communications) to implement NCDA’s partnership and membership strategy.
Skills and competencies
- Master’s degree or equivalent in an area relevant to the job description, with a minimum of 3 years of experience working in partnerships, institutional fundraising, or a related field, ideally in an NGO or membership organisation.
- Experience in partnership development, and comfortable working with multiple senior internal and external actors.
- A strong writer, with excellent analytical and drafting skills, including the ability to draft complex proposals and other materials accurately and compellingly for fundraising purposes.
- A strong networker with a track record in stakeholder engagement and relationship management. Able to build NCDA’s networks, identify opportunities for partnerships and position NCDA to strengthen its partnership portfolio.
- A compelling influencer, able to promote NCDA’s work and impact in a compelling way to a range of audiences.
- Capacity to work remotely and collaboratively in an international team environment, with excellent organisational and planning skills, and ability to successfully manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- A problem-solver and a self-starter, who can work independently and takes challenges in your stride, maintaining a positive and energised outlook which motivates those around you.
- Available for travel abroad.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Fluent in other languages. French is a plus.
- Budget and staff management experience.
- Knowledge of NCDs and global health.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority at the NCD Alliance. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone
Closing date for applications: 17 July 2022
We regret that we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.