Residential Programme Manager (A.K.A Community Logistics Manager)
Salary: £11 per hour
Contract length: up to 43 days over two months (summer programme placement)
Location: Progrmmes run across Greater London, Bucks & Berks, Surrey, West Midlands, Yorkshire, Greater Manchester and Lancashire.
Join The Challenge, the UK's longest-standing provider of NCS, and ensure the smooth running of our youth and community programme throughout July and August this summer. NCS (National Citizen Service) is a government-backed initiative with a mission to equip 15-17 year olds with the confidence, skills and support they need to make a difference in their local communities.
This role is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain valuable work experience in relationship, programme and project management in an exciting and unique setting! Community Logistics Managers also have the option of free accommodation (usually at a university hall of residence) throughout their role, but this is not required.
- Managing the relationship between NCS The Challenge and the accommodation provider (usually a university halls of residence)
- Oversee the smooth logistical running of the programme by organising transport, equipment, accommodation, food and health & safety briefings for each new cohort of young people and seasonal staff.
- Line manage a small number of seasonal staff
- Conduct and monitor risk assessments for the residential site, day venues and evening spaces used on the programme
- Proven organisational and logistical skills
- Proven ability to mnage professional relationships
- Experience of working in a customer-facing environment and communicating with a range of people
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt working style to different environments
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.