Join The Challenge, the UK's longest-standing provider of NCS, this summer as a Youth Programme Leader and play an integral role in our pastoral seasonal staff team.
National Citizen Service is a government-backed initiative with a mission to equip 16 year olds with the confidence and skills they need to make a real difference in their communities. We are hiring a large number of seasonal staff across the UK to support the delivery of the programmes on-site.
- Line manage a team of seasonal staff throughout the programme (2-3 weeks), providing performance feedback, and assisting with behaviour management
- Ensure the safety, wellbeing and safeguarding of up to 130 young people on the programme
- Oversee the smooth day-to-day running of the programme
- Liaise with core staff at The Challenge throughout the programme
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience of line-managing a team of staff or volunteers
- Experience of motivating large groups
- Ability to manage and support challenging behaviour
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, make decisions under pressure and adapt working styles for different groups
- Understanding of safeguarding and health & safety guidelines
- Positive and motivated attitude, with a passion for building stronger communities
This partly-residential role is perfect for an experienced professional with a background in the education or youth work sector.
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.