Role: Strategy Associate
Offer type: Permanent
Salary: £31,800 - £37,000
Location: This is a remote role, based nationally
NCS Trust is an equal opportunities employer, embracing diversity and inclusion. At NCS we respect and value differences in people and all hires are made on merit.
We particularly welcome applications from people who are Black, Asian, or from an ethnically diverse background, or people with disabilities, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our leadership.
We are committed to improving equality of opportunity in the workplace and are a signatory to the Race at Work Charter from Business in the Community, the Prince’s responsible business network; and the Disability Confident Committed employer scheme.
Conducting research and analysis to support NCS’s strategy development and implementation, and policy, thought leadership, and insights activities.
Strategy development and implementation support
- Conducting research and analysis to support the development of the NCS Trust strategy and contributing to cross-functional projects that support the implementation of strategic goals.
- Supporting the strategy team to act as an organisation-wide resource to drive innovation, working with teams to help find new approaches to recurring problems.
- Supporting with qualitative and quantitative analysis, designing and carrying out numerical and written analysis with the support of line manager. Supporting reviews of business planning and organisational KPIs.
Policy and Research
- Supporting research and policy studies, from desk research to design and fieldwork, analysis and reporting. Producing high quality documents such as research briefs and contributions to government spending reviews.
Role Specific Skills
Creative thinking and problem-solving
- Intellectually curious and proactive approach to problem-solving. Able to identify hypotheses and propose imaginative solutions to problems.
- Able to conduct analysis of qualitative and quantitative data and clearly communicate findings.
- Comfortable working with uncertainty and in a changing environment.
Interpersonal and Communication
- Able to build positive relationships and rapport with colleagues within and across teams. Strong written and verbal communication skills for different audiences including external and senior stakeholders.
Attention to detail
- Producing high-quality outputs for internal and external audiences showing attention to detail and accuracy.
Measures of Success
- Informed strategy - NCS Trust has the information it needs to make informed decisions on strategy development and implementation, supported by analysis conducted by this role.
- Team and ways of working - there is a positive and collaborative culture within the Strategy & Insights team, supported by this individual, and strong working relationships are built with other colleagues across the organisation.
Experience and Qualifications
Strategy development and strategic thinking
- Experience in a related field e.g. strategy, management consulting, research, policy or similar. A proactive approach to problem-solving and expert written and verbal communication skills.
Commitment to social impact or charity sector
- A commitment to the vision, mission and values of NCS Trust and Young People. Experience of supporting social change through your work history or experience of engaging with charities or other social organisations.
Qualitative and quantitative data skills
- Research and analytical skills and experience with data analysis. Comfortable handling large volumes of both qualitative and quantitative data, independently carrying out desk research and analysis, and able to draw actionable insights. Good working knowledge of Google Suite and/ or Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience of working on a full project life cycle, from design to completion, and owning or leading individual elements or work streams. Experience of working with colleagues across teams and functions to shared goals.
- Experience of producing high quality written communications for various stakeholders. Experience verbally communicating complex topics to various stakeholders.
Youth sector, grantmaking, or Government experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the wider youth sector. Experience at grantmaker, or public body. Knowledge of the civil service and government planning and approval processes.
Research and policy
- Experience and/or qualifications in conducting research and policy analysis to support decision-making.
Our benefits include
- 28 days annual leave in addition to Bank Holiday entitlements.
- 5 Volunteer days
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/New parental (Subject to 1 year of service) pay
- Life Assurance
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Access to a self-directed learning and development platform
- Access to a national discount platform, shared with one family member
- Discounted Eye Care
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note we do not require agency assistance with this post.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.