Activities Coordinator - Resident Engagement
Part time - 10 hours per week (flexible to suit you)
Fixed term contract for 9 months to cover maternity leave
Our client is committed to providing its customers with high quality, value for money services whilst continuing to develop energy efficient, sustainable and affordable housing.
The aim of their Extra Care scheme is not only to provide care, but also to provide the appropriate facilities to encourage social interaction. The importance of human contact for the elderly is widely recognised, and our scheme at Kidlington makes an invaluable contribution to reducing social isolation and loneliness.
A rewarding role, the Activities Coordinator will play a key role is supporting residents’ health, wellbeing and independence.
What you will be doing:
- Providing a wide range of activities and events to interest and stimulate the physical and mental state and wellbeing of residents .
- Promoting the philosophy of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment for all clients.
- Providing support to the Senior Housing Coordinator with marketing and promoting the home within the community.
We’d love to meet someone with:
- A background in a similar role working with older people.
- Fresh ideas and the ability to engage a varied group of people.
- An understanding of the over 55’s; what makes them tick and what they are interested in.
- The ability to form positive relationships with colleagues, residents and outside agencies.
- The ability to work alone, as well as part of a team.
Amongst what we offer you is:
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays!
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Opportunities for development and professional training
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS application and this will need to be returned and verified by bpha before a start date can be provided.
Our client reserves the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that they have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.