Extra Care Area Manager (Housing)
Location: Bedford Based
Hours: Full time
Salary: £36,000 plus £2,000 essential car user allowance
Our client is currently looking for an experienced housing professional to join us as an Extra Care Area Manager. The role will deliver high-quality services to customers living in their Extra Care schemes and will ensure that key business targets are met, the on-site teams are fully supported and have clear direction both in the delivery of services and outcomes.
What you will be doing:
- Taking responsibility for the operational housing management of the Extra Care Schemes within your area.
- Actively leading Managers and their teams, supporting excellent performance and facilitating opportunities for growth and development.
- Effectively communicating organisational goals and customer strategy to the wider team in order to set clear standards and expectations.
- Taking responsibility for resolving any service failures by demonstrating confident decision making, efficient communication and a customer centric approach.
- Ensuring that residents have a voice and are appropriately consulted and actively involved in the management of their local area.
They’d love to meet someone with:
- Proven people management experience with the ability to lead, motivate, build and develop strong teams.
- Significant tenancy and neighbourhood management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of housing and related legislation.
- Experience of working with vulnerable clients and a good knowledge of safeguarding.
- Experience of working in partnership with external organisations in achieving shared goals
Due to the nature of the role, you must possess a full UK driving licence.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS application and this will need to be returned and verified by bpha before a start date can be provided.
Amongst what they offer you is:
- £36,000 plus £2,000 essential car user allowance
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays!
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Opportunities for development and professional training
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
About the company:
Our client is a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
They work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 housing associations for developing new homes in the country, they remain committed to delivering high-quality affordable housing to those who need it the most.
Their work in Retirement Living is no exception. They believe in creating modern communities where over-55s can live in desirable, social, and independent spaces. Safe in the knowledge that they have extra tailored care and support available if it’s needed. This is all possible thanks to a dedicated and passionate Retirement Living team. A team that you could be part of.
Our client reserves the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis they would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.