Independent Committee Member (Audit & Risk)
Cranfield (Head Office moving to Milton Keynes Autumn 2019)
£6,000 per annum, payable monthly
Estimated annual time commitment three days per month (meeting
preparation, attendance at meetings, training, strategy away days,
networking, liaison with officers)
Our client has established itself as a major operator in the region and owns and manages 12,000 homes across Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and the surrounding counties. They’re a financially stable, £74m turnover social business with more than 300 staff.
They’re an innovative not-for-profit organisation that believes in partnership and collaboration and works with a number of other organisations to deliver both homes and services which benefit the community as a whole.
They are looking to recruit an Independent member to join the Audit & Risk Committee with expertise in finance, risk and internal audit. As a non-Board member, this role will add an independent scrutiny to the work of the Committee.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of scrutinising internal audit reports and working with a Committee to identify areas of the business in the development of the audit programme
- An understanding of internal control environments and frameworks, including assurance frameworks
- Experience and working knowledge of risk appetite and risk management and ability to review, identify and challenge risks and input to the development of risk reporting
- A financial background with a relevant qualification.
- The successful candidate will contribute to further developing the company’s risk appetite and assurance frameworks and ensure they make the best use of the internal audit facility to improve business processes and reduce risk.
If you are committed and passionate about our client’s purpose, can bring skills and experience that help them deliver, manage risk and provide appropriate oversight, they would like to hear from you.