Occupational Therapist Assistant
Full time - 36.5 hours per week
Milton Keynes based visiting Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire & Hertfordshire
Would you thrive in a job that is making a real difference to people’s lives in your region?
About the role:
The role of Occupational Therapist Assistant will carry out functional assessments in their customers homes and recommend any necessary equipment and minor/major adaptations. The role will provide Occupational Therapy intervention to enable customers to retain their independence and remain living in their preferred environments.
What they’re looking for:
● Someone who is trained to Assistant Practitioner level.
● Experience of working in a client related environment in health, social care, or residential care setting.
● Experience of community-based working.
● Clinical experience and knowledge of disability and its physical and psychological impact.
● Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of clinical conditions including neurological, orthopaedic, surgical and mental health.
● The ability to travel effectively and efficiently to our sites.
Please note, a DBS check is required for this role.
What they offer:
● Competitive salary
● Flexible working
● 25 days holiday rising to 30 after five years service
● Aviva Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution
● Up to 2 paid professional subscriptions
● Excellent training and development opportunities
● Free life assurance
● Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
● Health cash-plan including employee assistance
● Regular bonus points from the Intranet, which lead to vouchers
● Free parking at all our clients offices and lift share
● Discounted cinema tickets
Our client is more than just a financially strong Housing Association, they are making an impact on the housing crisis, supporting sustainable communities and providing life-long homes for their customers. They provide additional, critical services to support the most vulnerable but they also build shared ownership and outright sales for those who want to get on the property ladder.
They are passionate about their communities and they are committed to being a Learning Organisation, developing talent to deliver their service goals and supporting the next generation into a career in Housing.
If you are like-minded in wanting to help shape the future of housing through the delivery of quality services to our customers, great at your job and with a ‘can-do’ attitude, they want to hear from you.
Closing date: Friday 28th February