Supported Living Services Manager (Mental Health)
£32,077 per annum
Permanent, Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Services Manager to be responsible for the delivery of a high quality, innovative service(s). In this key role you will demonstrate your strong significant knowledge within mental health services and apply this to meet the needs and aspirations of our service users, commissioners and regulatory authorities.
Their supported living schemes support adults with enduring mental health needs, they specialise in person centred support in order to provide excellent quality services for their residents. Individuals are supported to undertake activities of their choice, to maintain their independence and seek opportunities for a fulfilled and meaningful quality of life.
Can you help them achieve this?
Key responsibilities for this role also include:
● Positively contribute to the directorates business plan and corporate objectives and to facilitate the active participation of Support Assistants in achieving objectives
● Develop, maintain and work in partnership with a network of key stakeholders in order to deliver safe, high quality services
● To identify recommend and implement improvements to the service given CQC and commissioning requirements, best practice and business plan priorities to achieve distinct, high quality service provision
● To be responsible for the recruitment, development and management of staff in order to provide them with the skills, experience and behaviours necessary to provide a safe, high quality services
For this role candidates must have:
● Effective leadership skills or you’ll have significant experience as a deputy/team leader within mental health services, and are now ready for a bigger challenge.
● Motivation and drive to identify and implement initiatives that will lead to service improvements and efficiencies
● Excellent people management skills. You’ll have the ability to a high performing Team and therefore meet the needs of each individual who they support.
● You will have already obtained or are committed to achieving QCF/RQF Level 5 in Management.
In return for your hard work, we will provide you with ongoing training and support, excellent staff rewards and an exciting future in our services.
If you are seeking a new and exciting opportunity, apply today!
Value-based recruitment our client has a value-based recruitment policy which means their selection process is aligned with their core values of Excellence, Care and Innovation - this ensures that, when recruiting, they find the right person with the right values and expected behaviours for the job, who will strive to provide excellent services to the people they support. This supplements their requirements for essential and desirable skills, knowledge and abilities for each role.
Safeguarding & Recruitment they are committed to safeguarding and practices safer recruitment standards and expects all staff to share the commitment to safeguarding children and people with care and support needs. The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK. These posts are also subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS checks.
Equality & Diversity they value inclusiveness and we are committed to embedding equality and diversity at the heart of their work. They aim to be an inclusive organisation, where individual differences are respected, where staff, people who use services, as well as their families and carers, are treated with dignity and on the basis of their merits, abilities and needs, and where everyone has a fair opportunity to fulfil their potential without suffering discrimination or disadvantage