Every year in the UK, around 100 children are diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a rare and aggressive cancer that mostly affects children under five. Neuroblastoma UK is a small national charity, dedicated to finding a cure for neuroblastoma. We fund leading research to develop new, more effective and kinder treatments for children with this life-threatening disease - and get one step closer to finding a cure.
The Fundraising Executive role is a temporary role that will be key to supporting Neuroblastoma UK through its busiest period and enabling projects that are key to the charity’s growth. You will get great experience and work with a small but committed and friendly team.
- Supporting the Fundraising Manager to deliver the implementation of a new database, and the transfer of data securely and accurately
- Fulfilment of merchandise orders such as Christmas cards
- Liaising with event participants to encourage and assist with their fundraising goals.
- Being the first port of call for supporters and potential supports who get in touch with the charity via telephone, email and social media
- Processing donations and sending outgoing thank you letters to individual donors and groups
- Sending out information, t-shirts and fundraising packs to supporters who request it
- Other duties as required
- Microsoft Office skills - Word & Excel
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work well alone and in a team
- Excellent phone manner
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of Neuroblastoma UK
- Experience of working in the third sector
- Experience of working with a database
- Understanding of social media platforms inc Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and how to utilise them
- Experience of managing website content
Please submit CV and cover letter to apply for this role.
The cover letter should detail why you would like to work for Neuroblastoma UK and why you would be a good fit for the role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.