New Community are looking for someone who is passionate about showing hospitality (serving good coffee and other refreshments) but also providing a space and a place to connect and extend a warm welcome, promoting wellbeing and developing community. You will be helping people find a place of belonging, develop their skills and confidence through volunteering or connecting in with Hub Activities.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to work as part of the Community Hub team, to bring life and transformation in the heart of SO14 through showing hospitality, creating connection and serving great coffee! Based in Central Hall, Southampton you will work four days a week in “a busy hive of positive ideals with Christ at the centre”. Hope Community School is based at Central Hall and the Coffee Shop serves the staff and parents, New Community Staff, Central Hall Clients, as well as the local community.
The Community Coffee Shop Co-ordinator will:
- Lead teams of volunteers to offer hospitality and enable visitors to the Community Hub to feel welcomed and able to access activities or the support they need
- Train volunteers not only to provide a coffee shop service, but to enable them to develop and grow in relationships, skills and confidence as a key expression of community revival and restoration
- Ensure the smooth day to day running of the coffee shop, including ordering, stock keeping, cleaning and maintenance, and the development of systems to facilitate these, and ensure the coffee shop meets all relevant food hygiene, health and safety requirements and maintain relevant certification and licensing
- Work to establish the coffee shop being financially sustainable and successful
- Understand and advance the Community Hub’s vision by actively engaging in meaningful conversations
- Participate in, and in turn lead team prayer meetings
- Assist the Community Hub leader in the planning and implementation of activities and groups
- Create and update records and databases relating to hub activities, participants and volunteers
- Provide administrative support to facilitate volunteer’s induction, engagement, training and participation in activities
- Assist in maintaining effective and clear communication with all stakeholders
- Champion the vision and values of New Community Network and the Community Hub, and work to express them in all aspects of the role
The nature of this post and the context in which it will be carried out and its link to the ethos of the Charity give rise to an occupational requirement (OR) for the post-holder to be a Christian (in accordance with Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010). The applicant for this position is required to demonstrate a clear, personal commitment to the Christian faith.
This position is subject to safer recruitment practices and a satisfactory DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.