Major Gifts Fundraiser
Head of Development (Director of Innovation & Development during maternity leave)
Purpose of job
To lead and implement NPC’s major gifts fundraising – from strategy through to delivery, recruitment and retention of individual donors.
- Develop and implement NPC’s major gifts fundraising strategy, with a primary focus on NPC’s Supporters’ Circle.
- Support restricted project fundraising where this is of mutual benefit to Supporters or prospective Supporters
- Identify, cultivate and secure new members of NPC’s Supporters’ Circle (SC) and upgrade existing members where possible.
- Retain and steward existing members of NPC’s Supporters’ Circle, developing and deepening relationships with the members—individuals, couples and family foundations.
- Work with NPC trustees to manage their contribution to recruitment and retention of SC members.
- Represent NPC at external meetings/events and act as an ambassador for our work.
- Some management of Fundraising and Research Executive’s duties:
- Manage and oversee all communications with SC members.
- Manage and oversee programme of events for SC prospects and members, including private dinners, informal briefings and discussion events.
- Work with senior staff at NPC responsible for working with individuals to coordinate NPC approach.
Key skills and competencies:
- Substantial experience as a major donor fundraiser, with proven track record of developing relationships, converting prospects and securing gifts of five figures and above.
- Sound knowledge of fundraising techniques and processes—and of what motivates donors.
- Good organisational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Outstanding networking skills, including ability to represent an organisation’s vision, strategy and activity at high levels with experienced philanthropists.
- Thorough understanding of NPC’s value proposition to potential Supporters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including attention to detail on all communication materials—and an ability to listen.
- Excellent team-worker, with ability to work closely with client-facing staff.
- Passion for NPC’s mission to help transform the charity sector.
- Ability to make presentations at board level and to other senior/large audiences.
- Self-starter—able to develop and deliver on plans with minimal direction.
- Experience of managing junior staff to support fundraising activity.
- Experience outside the charity sector.
- Working knowledge of innovation processes.
- Interest in technology and data in social sector.
- Knowledge of SalesForce CRM system
How to apply
We are an equal opportunities employer. As part of the application process we ask that you complete an equal opportunities form. Information supplied will be treated in confidence. If you do not wish to complete the equal opportunities form, it will not influence your application in any way.
To apply, please send:
- a cover letter (no longer than two sides) providing your evidence of meeting the key skills and competencies noted above and in the job description
- your CV
- a completed equal opportunities form
to us before the deadline on 24th June 2019. Please include the job reference in the subject of your email along with where you saw the job advertisement. Your cover letter will be used in the initial screening of your application.
Please note: We reserve the right to close these vacancies prior to the application deadline once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Interviews will take place commencing late June 2019.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.